Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,098

5 members and 3,093 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Welcome back !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    I suppose that from now on, the cat's litter box is your job? Your mom will never look at a litter box the same way again...

That's a pretty germy place for a little snake...I so hope he's O.K. & doesn't pick up some infection from that. Next time someone's
    snake gets loose, I'll be sure to suggest looking in the litter box, if they have one. Yours is the first I've ever heard of being found
    there.
    Well he was in the box where the fresh litter is stored, so it had not been used it. But nevertheless, I am glad he was safely found. He sure is not a happy camper though. When I checked on him last night he did not like me holding him. He kept striking at me, but of course being still small did not cause any harm to me.
    Do you think he will calm back down and go back to being docile like he was before? 🤞🤞🤞

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jus1More For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (03-23-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,794 Times in 11,828 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jus1More View Post
    Well he was in the box where the fresh litter is stored, so it had not been used it. But nevertheless, I am glad he was safely found. He sure is not a happy camper though. When I checked on him last night he did not like me holding him. He kept striking at me, but of course being still small did not cause any harm to me.
    Do you think he will calm back down and go back to being docile like he was before? 🤞🤞🤞
    Oh that's a relief! (that it wasn't a used litter box)

He's been thru an awful lot! He was shipped to you, then ended up being loose for a long time. He's scared & defensive but that's normal: captive-bred snakes are still
    wild animals, which means they rely on their instincts first. But just be patient...some of his attitude right now may have to do with being really hungry, and also
    you mentioned he might be in a shed cycle, & that normally makes snakes defensive too. Yes, I'm sure he'll calm down, but not overnight: after a shed & a few meals,
    he's bound to feel a lot better...be patient. Might try offering food...he may or may not take it, but he sure needs it. I normally don't feed snakes in shed, but I would
    offer in this case, as he's been without for so long.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Jus1More (03-24-2019)

Thanks
    kitty litter. that is a new one. i will have to remember that! we get a few escapees. yay!!!!
    Gargoyle Geckos: Gorey, Gremmie, Ouija, Gojira, Bacon Bit, Penny, Wednesday
    Crested Geckos: Eggs, Triscuit, Creature & Waffles
    Leopard Geckos: Rhubarb, Pepper and Clementine
    Cal Kings: Bones & Violet
    Corn snakes: A sh*tload
    Trans-Pesos: 1.1 No names
    BPs: Charlie (super pastel), Bodhi (pied), Finn (GHI Mojave), Dublin (fire bumblebee), Falkor(mystic potion), Letty (pewter), Jameson
    BCI Boa: Specter (Fineline morph)
    SnuSnu the cat, Corbin the pit bull, Juniper the mini aussie & Lily the setter mix
    One little special needs bearded dragon P. Sherman
    Black African House Snakes: 1.1 No names
    Northern Pines: 1.1 No names
    Four skinks, one of which is named Gator & Basil the mini-lop rabbit

'everything was beautiful and nothing hurt' - vonnegut.

www.facebook.com/SilentHillReptiles

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Oh that's a relief! (that it wasn't a used litter box)

He's been thru an awful lot! He was shipped to you, then ended up being loose for a long time. He's scared & defensive but that's normal: captive-bred snakes are still
    wild animals, which means they rely on their instincts first. But just be patient...some of his attitude right now may have to do with being really hungry, and also
    you mentioned he might be in a shed cycle, & that normally makes snakes defensive too. Yes, I'm sure he'll calm down, but not overnight: after a shed & a few meals,
    he's bound to feel a lot better...be patient. Might try offering food...he may or may not take it, but he sure needs it. I normally don't feed snakes in shed, but I would
    offer in this case, as he's been without for so long.
    Looks like he ate the mouse I left for him last night.
    Now I will just let him chill and hopefully after shed will we be on our way!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jus1More For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (03-24-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,794 Times in 11,828 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jus1More View Post
    Looks like he ate the mouse I left for him last night.
    Now I will just let him chill and hopefully after shed will we be on our way!!
    I thought he would...I'd probably treat him like a "new" snake at this time, ie. don't handle until he has eaten at least 3 times. He has been loose & not in optimal
    temperatures, also exposed to varied environment...you want his immune system working well before adding any stress (of handling), and you want him well-fed, which
    one meal sure didn't accomplish. Hope you remain patient for his sake. I am VERY happy that he ate for you, but that's not a "one & done" thing, for best results.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Jus1More (03-24-2019),Shayne (03-24-2019)

Thanks

Woohoo!

Glad he was found safe & sound! Your poor mom tho...lol

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Shayne For This Useful Post:

Jus1More (03-24-2019)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12