Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,939

1 members and 2,938 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: 8 Month BP hasnt eaten in around 1.5 months

Quote Originally Posted by OntarioSnakes&Smoke View Post
    I've been trying to get her out enough but she will usually just "give up" and pull back into her hide instead of pursuing the rat and coming out of her hide.

Been considering a feed box or something similar, but I dont know how she'll react to that, especially while shes already stressed and not eating proper.
    My feeling is she needs to feel secure all over again because her world kind of changed a little bit so she needs to readjust
    If the hide is too small for her to eat the rat in perhaps a bigger one for that purpose and then you could always put the smaller hide back after she eats

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Thanks

Re: 8 Month BP hasnt eaten in around 1.5 months

I've been thinking of taking out the smaller one out earlier in the day before trying to feed so she goes into her bigger one. I swear she can read my mind, because as soon as I got her a hide with a bigger entrance, she stayed in it until the other day, and now shes been back in her old one as soon as I was getting ready to try and feed her again

Thanks
    I'm going to try a live rat next Tuesday or so. Would a wean be good enough but not large enough to pose a possible problem with her? As far as I've been told, because weans are just coming off the milk and are JUST starting to eat food, soft food at that usually, they cant really bite hard enough to cause concern, or dont bite back at all like young rats do. I was just wondering what the opinions of others on this site are on the matter as I'm sure that if I talked to the reptile store manager, she would say anything just to sell me a live rat from their store. Most of the reptile stores around me are shady but you have to deal with that unless you want to take the 1.5-2 hour drive up to Toronto unfortunately.

Thanks
    Hi everyone, I have some good news! She actually struck and coiled on a live small wean rat tonight, so I'm hoping that she actually eats it after she kills it hahaha, I'd be so bummed if she didnt.

Thank you all for the tips and advice. I greatly appreciate all the help you all provided. I look forward to hopefully becoming a contributing member to this wonderful website and get to know some of its amazing members!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to OntarioSnakes&Smoke For This Useful Post:

fadingdaylight (04-05-2019)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12