Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,044

2 members and 3,042 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Handling. How often.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvyna View Post
    I handle my BP 4 days a week, every day except the day he gets fed, and two days after. Even if I don't take him out I do check on him daily just to make sure everything's okay.

I take him out anywhere from 5-30 mins at a time, sometimes 2-3 times a day. If he doesn't climb into my sleeve, like FollowtheSun, I will make a "cave" for him with a blanket since he seems nervous when out in the open and will search around for a dark space. As long as he has a warm, enclosed space to chill he is a lovely lap snake and will sit with me and poke his head out of his blanket cave as I watch YouTube videos or surf the web.
    Lol !! mine is a great web surfer buddy too

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jellybeans For This Useful Post:

Luvyna (03-20-2019)

Thanks
    I handle at least one of my snakes every day, except for feed/digestion and shed days. I check on them every day, Usually they've got their heads poking out so I don't do a hide lift unless I'm spot-cleaning. I just feel it's rude. Like your mom ripping off your blanket every morning to say "hey, just checking up on you". Lmao

Aspen he's still nervous but settling in quickly, he comes out for short sessions 20min atm, if he's nervous its shorter. I'm actually surprised at how quickly he's calming down.

Rei is my bed/movie buddy, I get her out at night and have her on the bed with me while I watch a movie, she often just hangs out, sometimes getting underneath my Surface stand where its warm. Sometimes I doze off for a bit, wake up and she's still there. She has her days where she's kinda pissy if I get her out, I can tell those days. Those days are short-sessions, just long enough for me to get a wellness check.

Mosaic, my coastal carpet. She's an active snake when she's out, very curious and wants to climb EVERYTHING. I usually get her out when I have time/focus to pay attention to just her. She doesn't sit still so its a full-attention session. She's usually out for about 30min every other day or so.

How often I handle depends on how busy I am, some weeks I have spare time every day, other weeks not so much. Snakes make a good pet for me since they don't require daily consistent handling, they're cool without if I'm busy, and chill when I do have time for them.
    Last edited by ClarinetPhoenix; 03-21-2019 at 06:47 PM.
    0.1 Bumblebee Ball Python(Rei)
    0.1 Coastal Carpet Python(Mosaic)
    1.0 B.E.L Ball Python(Aspen)
    0.1 Hypo Aztec Jungle BCI(Rowan)

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ClarinetPhoenix For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (03-27-2019),Dianne (03-21-2019),Luvyna (03-30-2019)

Thanks
    I ussually handle mine a few times a week/sometimes almost every day, or however often my snake is not digesting/shedding. I only take him out if I think he's happy being out and handeled though. I put him back when I need to do something else hahah, but I don't keep him out hours at a time since I would be scared of him getting too cold.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jasmijn For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (03-27-2019)

Thanks
    I normally take him out 2-3 times a week for about 15 minutes except 2 days after feeding, the feeding day and very short when he's in shed.
    During winter I take him out less since I don't have a reptile room and I don't want him to freeze.
    1.0 normal python regius 2,200 g

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12