Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,399

16 members and 1,383 guests
Most users ever online was 5,577, 11-08-2019 at 08:53 AM.


» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 66,079
Threads: 240,831
Posts: 2,501,776
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Lreclaimed
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 83
  1. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    03-07-2019
    Posts
    776
    Thanks
    200
    Thanked 430 Times in 235 Posts
    Ok so a few days ago i said that he was 2 and a half feet. It just so happens I measured him today and I was WAY off.... he is 18 inches. I apologize for the error.
    Last edited by sur3fir3; 05-11-2019 at 09:56 PM. Reason: typos

  2. #32
    BPnet Veteran Alexiel03's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-20-2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    850
    Thanks
    245
    Thanked 692 Times in 312 Posts
    Images: 43

    Re: New blood python progression thread

    Quote Originally Posted by sur3fir3 View Post
    ^^ My experience exactly. Good to know that I'm not the only one.
    I figured out mine also liked to drop feed, her first meal with me she struck but now she just prefers drop feeding. I have 1 bp that likes drop feeding too xD

    Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk

    Bps:
    0.1 Mojave BP (Liliana)
    0.1 Firefly BP (Chandra)
    0.1 Pastel GHI
    0.1 Pied 50% het Ghost
    0.1 Leopard Mojave
    0.1 Orange Dream Fire Yellowbelly
    0.1 Sugar Spider
    0.1 Desert Ghost
    0.1 Lesser 66% het Orange Ghost
    1.0 Fire Bee (Garruk)
    1.0 Leopard BP (Ajani)
    1.0 Butter Pastel BP (Diesel)
    1.0 Banana Pastel Enchi
    1.0 Lemon Pastel Enchi

    Non BPs:
    1.0 Sunfire Retic (Helios)R.I.P.
    1.0 Albino Burmese Python (Slayer)
    0.1 Normal het Granite Burmese Python (Pandora)
    0.2 Calico Cats (Mana and Elizabeth)
    0.1 Dog (pitbull lab mix) (Nova)

  3. #33
    Registered User
    Join Date
    03-07-2019
    Posts
    776
    Thanks
    200
    Thanked 430 Times in 235 Posts
    Refused food yesterday.

  4. #34
    Registered User
    Join Date
    03-07-2019
    Posts
    776
    Thanks
    200
    Thanked 430 Times in 235 Posts

    Re: New blood python progression thread

    So I FINALLY got the right temps in my Blood Python enclosure. I am at 85 DegF on the hot end and 80 on the cool end. With temps dropping to 77-78 during the night. I was running temps too hot before I figured out how to do this. I was running in the 88 degF on the hot side with 80 on the cool side. It took me such a long time because I am using a CHE and I had to return and then order the new one until I found the right wattage. The first 6 were way too hot. Then I found the 25 Watt CHE. this worked perfectly. It is keeping my hot side at about 83-84 F and my cool side at 80F. To get the right temps I tried everything from 150 watt heat lamps down to 25 watt CHE. The 25 watt CHE was perfect. I have to admit I feel a bit wierd keeping a snake with no hot spot. Due to my old husbandry techniques I keep worrying that he won't be able to digest his food, but I put trust into The Blood Cell (where I got my caresheet from).

  5. #35
    Registered User Bogertophis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-28-2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,908
    Thanks
    13,536
    Thanked 7,873 Times in 5,030 Posts

    Re: New blood python progression thread

    Quote Originally Posted by sur3fir3 View Post
    So I FINALLY got the right temps in my Blood Python enclosure. I am at 85 DegF on the hot end and 80 on the cool end. With temps dropping to 77-78 during the night. I was running temps too hot before I figured out how to do this. I was running in the 88 degF on the hot side with 80 on the cool side. It took me such a long time because I am using a CHE and I had to return and then order the new one until I found the right wattage. The first 6 were way too hot. Then I found the 25 Watt CHE. this worked perfectly. It is keeping my hot side at about 83-84 F and my cool side at 80F. To get the right temps I tried everything from 150 watt heat lamps down to 25 watt CHE. The 25 watt CHE was perfect. I have to admit I feel a bit wierd keeping a snake with no hot spot. Due to my old husbandry techniques I keep worrying that he won't be able to digest his food, but I put trust into The Blood Cell (where I got my caresheet from).
    Why didn't you just control the higher wattage CHE with a thermostat or rheostat? That way if for some reason your place gets colder, you can adjust his heat upwards.

  6. #36
    Registered User
    Join Date
    03-07-2019
    Posts
    776
    Thanks
    200
    Thanked 430 Times in 235 Posts

    Re: New blood python progression thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Why didn't you just control the higher wattage CHE with a thermostat or rheostat? That way if for some reason your place gets colder, you can adjust his heat upwards.

    I didn't use a rheostat or a thermostat because I was told that hooking up a rheostat or thermostat to a CHE will cause it to die out much sooner. What I did at that time was have the CHE on of an hour, and then off for an hour. This gave me a decent temp, but still was not perfect. Now I have a perfect temp and everything is looking perfect.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to sur3fir3 For This Useful Post:

    Bogertophis (05-14-2019)

  8. #37
    Registered User
    Join Date
    03-07-2019
    Posts
    776
    Thanks
    200
    Thanked 430 Times in 235 Posts

    Re: New blood python progression thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Why didn't you just control the higher wattage CHE with a thermostat or rheostat? That way if for some reason your place gets colder, you can adjust his heat upwards.
    Another note. My temps in my house stay the same year round 76-79 F. In that range I haven't found any need to adjust the heat in the enclosure.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to sur3fir3 For This Useful Post:

    Bogertophis (05-14-2019)

  10. #38
    Registered User
    Join Date
    03-07-2019
    Posts
    776
    Thanks
    200
    Thanked 430 Times in 235 Posts

    Re: New blood python progression thread

    Refused food yesterday

  11. #39
    BPnet Veteran pretends2bnormal's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-07-2017
    Posts
    861
    Thanks
    713
    Thanked 1,176 Times in 575 Posts
    Images: 7

    Re: New blood python progression thread

    It sounds like you're offering food too frequently to me. Iffering a bit less often might have better results with him eating vs refusing.

    I mention this since you say he refused yesterday and said the same thing 2 days ago. You probably shouldn't be offering food to a blood every 2 days even if a meal is refused. Weekly is plenty since he seems to be a good weight and not skinny.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to pretends2bnormal For This Useful Post:

    sur3fir3 (05-15-2019)

  13. #40
    Registered User
    Join Date
    03-07-2019
    Posts
    776
    Thanks
    200
    Thanked 430 Times in 235 Posts

    Re: New blood python progression thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pretends2bnormal View Post
    It sounds like you're offering food too frequently to me. Iffering a bit less often might have better results with him eating vs refusing.

    I mention this since you say he refused yesterday and said the same thing 2 days ago. You probably shouldn't be offering food to a blood every 2 days even if a meal is refused. Weekly is plenty since he seems to be a good weight and not skinny.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

    Thanks I lose track of days I honestly thought I had waited 5 days. I need to review my thread before I try to feed more.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1