Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,946

3 members and 2,943 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Mites and RIs at Expos?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnieskys View Post
    Wait....you can negotiate price?

We live in a society where an animal is only worth what someone will pay for it. Often times vendors lose 3% to Credit Card companies off the top, so if you're paying in cash, getting a small discount helps both sides. Then there is also the side that says that if you pay in cash, they may not always report that to the Government for taxes, so they're not paying nearly as much in taxes. It's not necessarily honest or legal, but it's one of the loopholes in the current US tax system.

I will disagree with everyone saying it's best to wait till the end to do this. You do this when you find an animal you want. IF you know what the animal you want costs inside a range low to high, just make sure you walk in with enough hundred dollar bills in your pocket. Find the animal, look at it, talk to the breeder. Make sure you want it. Then pull out your wad and ask them: "What's your cash right now price?" - Chances are that if it's not a rare or difficult animal that you're going to get a decent discount.

I saved $150 on my pair of Clown het Orange Ghost M/F this way at Tinley and $50 on the Fire het Clown female I bought.

Paul

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pbenner For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (03-19-2019),JRLongton (03-20-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,824 Times in 11,843 Posts
    Also, if you wait to the end, the exact one you want may be gone...so while many sellers are more open to making deals later in the expo, by then your first choice
    may belong to someone else. Never hurts to try...the worst they can say is "no thanks". Vendors really want to take home as few as possible.
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 03-19-2019 at 10:40 PM.

Thanks

Re: Mites and RIs at Expos?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnieskys View Post
    Wait....you can negotiate price?
    Seriously? Heck yes! When I ask the price I tell them I’m paying cash before I ask what they want for the item. Guy I bought my purple passion from went down $80 from the price without me asking for a discount. But don’t be disrespectful and go to low. I’ve always said the first to speak on a price always looses

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12