Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,704

0 members and 2,704 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Were you ever scared?

Quote Originally Posted by fadingdaylight View Post
    Not real sure, I just had myself convinced somehow that I hated it. A few months back I decided to give it a shot, and it turns out that I love it. How I'm trying all different kinds. Don't think I'll be able to get away with doing that with snakes though, but man there are a few...
    I hear ya!

I bought AND handled my 1st snake all on the same day just under 4 months ago and have been hooked ever since. Going back to the expo. on April 8th to get my 2nd one.

BPnet Senior Member CloudtheBoa's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,189 Times in 620 Posts

Nope, I've always loved snakes. The first moment I remember thinking, "I want a pet snake" was when I was maybe 6-7 years old and I held what I remember as a 10' python. I could barely stand, and the snake trailed its head and tail on the ground, but I was in love.

I grew up absolutely fascinated with all kinds of animals, and would devour any information I could find on whatever animal. I'd pick up 5-6 books on various animals from the library every week, and scour the internet. That perhaps kept me from being scared, plus I didn't have anyone around me that was scared of them.

I did have a few friends and family members start out fearful of them, but everyone that was vocal about it has since turned around after I started spamming photos on FB. haha

Not real sure, I just had myself convinced somehow that I hated it. A few months back I decided to give it a shot, and it turns out that I love it. How I'm trying all different kinds. Don't think I'll be able to get away with doing that with snakes though, but man there are a few...
    lol Wish my SO would apply that logic, he refuses to try all kinds of food because he's sure he hates it despite never eating it. Then, if I do successfully convince him to try something, sometimes that stops once attention is brought to it. -.-
    Last edited by CloudtheBoa; 03-27-2019 at 06:32 PM.
    8.3 Boa imperator ('15 sunglow "Nymeria," '11 normal "Cloud," '16 anery motley "Crona," '10 ghost "Howl," '08 jungle "Dominika," '22 RC pastel hypo jungle "Aleister," '22 pastel normal "Gengar," '22 orangasm hypo "Daemon," '22 poss jungle "Jinzo," '22 poss jungle "Calcifer," '22 motley "Guin")
    1.4 Boa imperator; unnamed '22 hbs
    3.3 Plains garter snakes
    1.2 checkered garter snakes (unnamed)

~RIP~
    2.2 Brazilian rainbow boa ('15 Picasso stripe BRBs "Guin" and "Morzan, and '15 hypo "Homura", '14 normal "Sanji")
    1.0 garter snake ('13 albino checkered "Draco")
    1.0 eastern garter ('13 "Demigod)
    0.0.1 ball python ('06 "Bud")

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shayne View Post
    I hear ya!

I bought AND handled my 1st snake all on the same day just under 4 months ago and have been hooked ever since. Going back to the expo. on April 8th to get my 2nd one.
    I feel ya on that! The first time I held a snake I was like holly crap, then a minute in I was like I need these in my life!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Danger noodles For This Useful Post:

Shayne (03-27-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Danger noodles View Post
    I feel ya on that! The first time I held a snake I was like holly crap, then a minute in I was like I need these in my life!!
    I have two now and that is my limit because that's all I can afford to keep up the way that I like to keep them. I like to buy them cool decorations for their enclosures and then you always have to be prepared if one needs to go to the vet

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jellybeans For This Useful Post:

Dianne (03-27-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shayne View Post
    I hear ya!

This is almost exactly what happened to me, I'm going to do a progression thread and tell the whole story one of these days, but I went to a big box pet store just to get a closer look at a snake and see how I felt handling it. Well, long story short, it clung to my wrist and refused to be put back, so I came back the next day and bought it. I had originally planned to buy from a breeder, not a pet store, I have heard the stories and seen the videos, but after that first handling, I wanted the one that was clearly cool with me handling it.
    - Jason

"Why should I fear what others fear? How ridiculous!" - Lao Tzu

8. The Following User Says Thank You to fadingdaylight For This Useful Post:

Shayne (03-27-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybeans View Post
    I have two now and that is my limit because that's all I can afford to keep up the way that I like to keep them. I like to buy them cool decorations for their enclosures and then you always have to be prepared if one needs to go to the vet

I have a care card that I have loved! Although I’ve never used it on my pets I like having it for my family. I put over a grand on it trying to save my sisters pug and then had it cremated for her when we had to put him down 3 days later. I’ve never seen a cremated pet but it was really special for my sister and I’m glad we did it!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Danger noodles View Post
    I have a care card that I have loved! Although I’ve never used it on my pets I like having it for my family. I put over a grand on it trying to save my sisters pug and then had it cremated for her when we had to put him down 3 days later. I’ve never seen a cremated pet but it was really special for my sister and I’m glad we did it!
    Thats great u did that for her

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jellybeans For This Useful Post:

Danger noodles (03-27-2019)

Thanks

This is almost exactly what happened to me, I'm going to do a progression thread and tell the whole story one of these days, but I went to a big box pet store just to get a closer look at a snake and see how I felt handling it. Well, long story short, it clung to my wrist and refused to be put back, so I came back the next day and bought it. I had originally planned to buy from a breeder, not a pet store, I have heard the stories and seen the videos, but after that first handling, I wanted the one that was clearly cool with me handling it.
    Well look at it as you rescued him from the pet store.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jellybeans For This Useful Post:

Danger noodles (03-27-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybeans View Post
    Well look at it as you rescued him from the pet store.

That's pretty much what I have been telling myself. That and the snake chose me, lol.
    - Jason

"Why should I fear what others fear? How ridiculous!" - Lao Tzu

Thanks

That's pretty much what I have been telling myself. That and the snake chose me, lol.
    Yeah they do that! I went to a expo to get a banana and came home with a purple passion! Idk why they are so rare, they are so beautiful to me. I’d never seen one before and almost broke my kneck looking as I almost walked by

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast