Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 217

11 members and 206 guests
Most users ever online was 3,642, 05-08-2016 at 08:50 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 63,759
Threads: 237,714
Top Poster: JLC (31,652)
Welcome to our newest member, pinetrees778
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 3,052 Posts

The Story of Saint Patrick and the Shamrock Shake! (What is Your Fav Seasonal Treat?)

ok so the Shamrock Shake from McDonald's is one of my most fav seasonal treats ever! still i almost forgot about it and realized that Saint Patrick's Day is still Sunday, March 17th! so that means me, you and everyone else only have a few days left to grab one! i went to get one at the McDonald's down the street during lunch but their milkshake machine was non-operational or something, so i had to go get in the car and go 2miles over to the next joint to get a Shamrock Shake. it's ok b/c i had to pickup an ice cream cake anyways.

sweet victory!

and here's their story from Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shamrock_Shake

Folklore:
    During the 1980s, McDonald’s used the Uncle O'Grimacey character to market Shamrock Shakes, which was a green version of Grimace who came to visit in March.
    according to folklore, Uncle O'Grimacey was furrier, magical and lucky. his powers included the delivering of Shamrock Shakes to every McDonald's before Saint Patrick's Day.

"Actuality":
    The Shamrock Shake was first introduced in 1970. Rogers Merchandising in Chicago created the shake. Initially, the shake was lemon/lime flavored with vanilla ice cream, lemon/lime sherbet, and vanilla syrup. By 1973, the shake was merely a green colored vanilla shake, eliminating the lemon/lime sherbet. It is now mint flavored.
    most times they are no longer topped with a cherry and sprinkles butt they are still very good!

Anyways what is your favorite seasonal treats? do u like Shamrock Shakes too? maybe something else? what limited time items are your favs?
    ^ Look! My new avatar!!

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

Seaside Serpents & Exotics (SSEx) clutch one, two and three.

Thanks

Re: The Story of Saint Patrick and the Shamrock Shake! (What is Your Fav Seasonal Tre

am i the only one that doesnt like shamrock shakes anymore? ): they just dont taste the same anymore. i now prefer either a mint oreo milkshake from Dairy Queen (it tastes like drinking a thin mint) or another favorite is the mint chocolate Andes shake from Arbys. shamrock shakes have lost their touch for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    never tried one. mint isn't my thing. starburst jellybean on the other hand.....
    my favorite seasonal treat, more than jellybeans, is vanilla soco eggnog.
    Gargoyle Geckos: Gorey, Gremmie, Ouija, Gojira, Bacon Bit, Pork Chop, Neo, Penny, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday
    Crested Geckos: Eggs, Gypsy, Triscuit, Creature & No-name
    Leopard Geckos: Rhubarb & Pepper
    Cal Kings: Bones & Violet
    Corn snakes: Moonshine (anery tessera), Zorg (anery), Clarice (honey) & Mouse (normal)
    BPs: Charlie (super pastel), Bodhi (pied), Finn (GHI Mojave), Dublin (fire bumblebee), Falkor(mystic potion), Letty (pewter)
    BCI Boa: Specter (Fineline morph), Sunglow and/or Snow coming soon....
    Mice: Mercy & Marmalade
    SnuSnu the cat, Corbin the pit bull & Lily the setter mix, Tofu the axolotl
    plus one little special needs bearded dragon

'everything was beautiful and nothing hurt' - vonnegut.

Thanks

Re: The Story of Saint Patrick and the Shamrock Shake! (What is Your Fav Seasonal Tre

Quote Originally Posted by SilentHill View Post
    never tried one. mint isn't my thing. starburst jellybean on the other hand.....
    my favorite seasonal treat, more than jellybeans, is vanilla soco eggnog.
    STARBURST JELLY BEANS ARE THE BEES KNEES

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk