Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,873

0 members and 2,873 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

off topic chit chit 3.15

hey! so this is in one of my other forums (a tortoise forum actually) where its a thread that anyone can come and talk about their day or anything theyre doing or have going on. animal related or not, and in said forum (which is very inactive in terms of members) this thread is always alive and has been going for i wanna say almost 10 years i think? but i think its a great idea as we are all sorta like a family.

of course, delete if not allowed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

Re: off topic chit chit 3.15

Quote Originally Posted by baldegale View Post
    hey! so this is in one of my other forums (a tortoise forum actually) where its a thread that anyone can come and talk about their day or anything theyre doing or have going on. animal related or not, and in said forum (which is very inactive in terms of members) this thread is always alive and has been going for i wanna say almost 10 years i think? but i think its a great idea as we are all sorta like a family.

of course, delete if not allowed.

ok u could be the picky lil brother w/ strong feelings about milkshakes.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    ok u could be the picky lil brother w/ strong feelings about milkshakes.
    the milkshake connoisseur my favorite milkshakes come from a little local ice cream shop though, gonna miss em when i move

Thanks
    Thanked 19,816 Times in 11,840 Posts

the milkshake connoisseur my favorite milkshakes come from a little local ice cream shop though, gonna miss em when i move

Get a blender...they're not hard to make. Yours might even be better...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Get a blender...they're not hard to make. Yours might even be better...
    if i get a blender the only thing im gonna be making is smoothies.. dont even get me started

Thanks

tbh im hoping when i move to florida i meet some reptile peeps. its hard not having anyone in my small friend group of like 3 people to talk to about any herp related things. i cant be like “guys my snake just readily took two mice with no hesitation hes eating so well” or “look how cute these bugs are?!?!” without getting an ew or gross reaction

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to baldegale For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (03-15-2019),Dianne (03-15-2019)

Thanks

tbh im hoping when i move to florida i meet some reptile peeps. its hard not having anyone in my small friend group of like 3 people to talk to about any herp related things. i cant be like “guys my snake just readily took two mice with no hesitation hes eating so well” or “look how cute these bugs are?!?!” without getting an ew or gross reaction

I very much understand...that's why many of us love this forum, we need people that do "get" why this stuff matters.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Dianne (03-15-2019)

Thanks

I very much understand...that's why many of us love this forum, we need people that do "get" why this stuff matters.
    yeah its very hard, i excitably go to my girlfriend with pictures of my isos like “look how cute they are” and she consistently responds with just “ew” at least she recognizes the cuteness of this little one though

but in general absolutely nobody gets it and all the herp people i talk to are all busy all the time cause they’re usually double my age and older, ot sucks that its the only thing i genuinely get excited talking about hahaha

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to baldegale For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (03-15-2019),Dianne (03-15-2019)

Thanks
    So try reaching out & starting a local herp-enthusiasts club to meet & chat? Though if you're moving soon, you might hold off?

Remember that others keeping herps are used to getting similar reactions, so they may have learned not to bring it up at all. I was surprised when I had some
    of my snakes at a local "Wildlife Expo" & I was busy talking to a gal, when I became aware of an older man & his wife staring at me. It was my regular doctor!
    He was as surprised to see me as I was to see him & said he "had NO idea I was into snakes!?", lol. (we'd never have time to talk during my check-ups anyway)
    Turned out he was fascinated by them in the wild, had never kept any...& loved hearing more from me.

Thanks

So try reaching out & starting a local herp-enthusiasts club to meet & chat? Though if you're moving soon, you might hold off?

Remember that others keeping herps are used to getting similar reactions, so they may have learned not to bring it up at all. I was surprised when I had some
    of my snakes at a local "Wildlife Expo" & I was busy talking to a gal, when I became aware of an older man & his wife staring at me. It was my regular doctor!
    He was as surprised to see me as I was to see him & said he "had NO idea I was into snakes!?", lol. (we'd never have time to talk during my check-ups anyway)
    Turned out he was fascinated by them in the wild, had never kept any...& loved hearing more from me.
    i intend on it once i move to florida, from what i gather its a very big herp area. the downfall is im not gonna have much time as im going to be working 60 hour weeks. ohio mainly seems to be a lot of breeders, not so much keepers (at least up north of the state) just hopin to meet some people at the very least

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast