Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,371

0 members and 1,371 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Need some ideas for ‘decorations’

Quote Originally Posted by FollowTheSun View Post
    Some are just cage-wreckers. The fake plants just lie there and she sometimes pushes them around. Sometimes they are in totally different places in the morning but that's okay-- those are his"toys" and gives him something to do. I also have that real potted plant, pictured above, which is great for humidity. So far he has not been able to move it. I have it wedged between the dog dish and the brick and the hide. Although he loves to crawl through the leaves and is slowly smooshing it. I have another one on standby so I can rotate them out as they need to recover. LOL!

As he grows I'll probably have to adjust again, but part of the fun is occasionally changing things around slightly. He notices right away and then has to check it out.
    Nice. I’m assuming that’s a real plant in that? If so what do you do if she poops in it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Could you give us the name or a link from where you got that hide from?
    Looking for something like that.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 907 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gunkle View Post
    I have a pile of cut granite I was thinking of doing something with. They are heavy enough that I don't think they can move them. Maybe make a cave stacking some
    I’m probably over protective, but I would use a dab of hot glue to keep the stack from shifting. I’m always amazed at what my snakes can shuffle around the cage...even the little ones. I have some of the heavier rock hides, almost feels like stone but is at least partially resin. They are never in the same place as I put them in after cleaning the cage.
    Other Snakes:
    Hudson 1988 1.0 Colombian rainbow; Yang 2002 1.0 Corn snake; Merlin 2000 1.0 Solomon Island ground boa; Kett 2015 1.0 Diamond Jungle Jaguar carpet python; Dakota 2014 0.0.1 Children’s python

Ball pythons:
    Eli 1990 1.0 Normal; Buttercup 2015 1.0 Albino; Artemis 2015 0.1 Dragonfly; Orion 2015 1.0 Banana Pinstripe; Button 2018 1.0 Blue Eyed Lucy; Piper 2018 0.1 Piebald; Belle 2018 0.1 Lemonblast; Sabrina 2017 0.1 Mojave; Selene 2017 0.1 Banana Mojave; Loki 2018 1.0 Pastel Mystic Potion; Cuervo 2018 1.0 Banana Piebald; Claude 2017 1.0 Albino Pastel Spider; Penelope 2016 0.1 Lesser

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    I’m probably over protective, but I would use a dab of hot glue to keep the stack from shifting. I’m always amazed at what my snakes can shuffle around the cage...even the little ones. I have some of the heavier rock hides, almost feels like stone but is at least partially resin. They are never in the same place as I put them in after cleaning the cage.
    Do you that’s worth doing for keeping the fake plants up for the background. Hot glue gun or sealant on the suction cups. I’ve no clue to be honest.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,101 Times in 460 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MuicyJelon View Post
    Nice. I’m assuming that’s a real plant in that? If so what do you do if she poops in it?

He never has so far . . he poops on the substrate or in the hide. I guess if he did I would just clean it up.
    2 BP's, one ratsnake, 2 dogs, 3 cats, 2 small caged birds, 7 chickens, and a toddler in a pear tree

Thanks

Could you give us the name or a link from where you got that hide from?
    Looking for something like that.

I was lucky that this came with my snake! :-) Here's a link to it. I'm going to be sad when he outgrows it.

https://www.amazon.com/Zilla-Decor-R...ateway&sr=8-14
    2 BP's, one ratsnake, 2 dogs, 3 cats, 2 small caged birds, 7 chickens, and a toddler in a pear tree

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 907 Posts

Do you that’s worth doing for keeping the fake plants up for the background. Hot glue gun or sealant on the suction cups. I’ve no clue to be honest.

You could try hot glue....no dry time that way. I’d use the low temp variety to make sure it doesn’t melt your plants. Determined pressure will still dislodge them, but it may hold up to just being crawled on. If it doesn’t work, you can usually pop off any remaining glue with a putty knife.
    Other Snakes:
    Hudson 1988 1.0 Colombian rainbow; Yang 2002 1.0 Corn snake; Merlin 2000 1.0 Solomon Island ground boa; Kett 2015 1.0 Diamond Jungle Jaguar carpet python; Dakota 2014 0.0.1 Children’s python

Ball pythons:
    Eli 1990 1.0 Normal; Buttercup 2015 1.0 Albino; Artemis 2015 0.1 Dragonfly; Orion 2015 1.0 Banana Pinstripe; Button 2018 1.0 Blue Eyed Lucy; Piper 2018 0.1 Piebald; Belle 2018 0.1 Lemonblast; Sabrina 2017 0.1 Mojave; Selene 2017 0.1 Banana Mojave; Loki 2018 1.0 Pastel Mystic Potion; Cuervo 2018 1.0 Banana Piebald; Claude 2017 1.0 Albino Pastel Spider; Penelope 2016 0.1 Lesser

Thanks

Need some ideas for ‘decorations’

He’s literally just had the loudest and explosive poo since I’ve had him. Solid but other bits flung across the side of the viv & the glass doors. Minging.
    He’s now sitting with the top half his body in the water bowl.

Last edited by MuicyJelon; 03-15-2019 at 08:23 PM.

Thanks

He’s literally just had the loudest and explosive poo since I’ve had him. Solid but other bits flung across the side of the viv & the glass doors. Minging.
    He’s now sitting with the top half his body in the water bowl.

Wow, I'm not sure that's normal! Our two BP just leave deposits that look pretty much like dog turds, and then urates.

Edited to add that sometimes Lucy seems to enjoy painting her entire enclosure in poop. Soooo wonderful to wake up to in the morning! You can see the slither marks on the glass like she was trying to cover as much surface area as possible.
    Last edited by FollowTheSun; 03-15-2019 at 08:41 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to FollowTheSun For This Useful Post:

MuicyJelon (03-15-2019)

Thanks

Need some ideas for ‘decorations’

Quote Originally Posted by FollowTheSun View Post
    Wow, I'm not sure that's normal! Our two BP just leave deposits that look pretty much like dog turds, and then urates.

Edited to add that sometimes Lucy seems to enjoy painting her entire enclosure in poop. Soooo wonderful to wake up to in the morning! You can see the slither marks on the glass like she was trying to cover as much surface area as possible.
    He’s only done it a couple of times. The last bit you said is basically what happened I heard him farting then checked on him an it was up against the glass door and the wall in the viv he’d spread it round a bit so it was kind of him to do that. Didn’t want to leave it til morning, the smell would’ve been worse plus I don’t want my bedroom smelling like s*** (sorry for the expletive).
    I’m assuming it was like that because I’d not long got him out, would’ve been massaging the turd whilst a had him round me neck. An I’d just done a spot cleaning fifteen minutes before it an just done bigger clean out.
    It’s just gone 1am so it wasn’t the best timing.
    Exciting times.

Last edited by MuicyJelon; 03-15-2019 at 09:12 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast