Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,800

0 members and 2,800 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bloated snake

Thanks

Re: Bloated snake

Ok, what does that mean exactly, also the swelling has reduced over the past few days, it was quite noticeable before.

I'm curious why its never happened before if its normal, or maybe it has and I haven't noticed it after the bloating has returned to normal.

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by colin-java View Post
    Ok, what does that mean exactly, also the swelling has reduced over the past few days, it was quite noticeable before.

I'm curious why its never happened before if its normal, or maybe it has and I haven't noticed it after the bloating has returned to normal.
    If she is/was building up (and I say that based on location of the swelling as well as the fact that she is on empty) this means follicular development.
    Deborah Stewart

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    If she is/was building up (and I say that based on location of the swelling as well as the fact that she is on empty) this means follicular development.
    Yeah, the vet said it was the follicles, and not a food blockage (I didn't think it was food anyway cause he had a massive defecation in january so was basically empty).

So you think the follicles are being absorbed now as the bloating has reduced a lot?

She didn't eat the rat I gave her yesterday, I'll warm it up again and try it tonight before I throw it away.

Thanks for the advice.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by colin-java View Post
    Yeah, the vet said it was the follicles, and not a food blockage (I didn't think it was food anyway cause he had a massive defecation in january so was basically empty).

So you think the follicles are being absorbed now as the bloating has reduced a lot?

She didn't eat the rat I gave her yesterday, I'll warm it up again and try it tonight before I throw it away.

Thanks for the advice.
    Wait another week before offering food again. Offering too frequently can possibly develop a routine of refusing prey. If she refuses next week wait another 7-10 days before trying again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Ok thanks, she's a decent weight anyway, she tends not to miss a meal in the summer time.

I noticed she's been turning on her side and almost upside down from time to time lately, she's doing it now also.
    I wasn't too worried cause her head and neck are always the right way up so its not likely a neurological issue.
    I think I saw on youtube that they can sort of turn over during follicle development time, is that rightl?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12