Hi, new to the forum here, question isn't specifically about breeding, but is related to it.

I noticed about 3 days ago my bp (female, age 24, about 4'2", 3200g) was bloated about 1 foot up from the tail.
She has been off feed since november which happens every year, so she shouldn't have had much food in her system, and she had a large defecation in january, so I was pretty sure it wasn't constipation.

I thought she was a male, but after seeing the vet and doing ultrasound and xray, he said it was the follicles causing it.
So obviously he is now a she, I have to wait a week and contact them again if she is still bloated.

I'm curious how it works, how normal is this? Cause I've never noticed it before.
So if no mating occurs, what happens with the follicles? Do they turn into unfertilized eggs and get laid, or maybe get absorbed?

I also observed about 2-3 weeks ago she was drinking a lot of water, more than usual anyway.
Also, she looks slightly better today, viewed from above you wouldn't really notice any problem with her.
The vet said to try feeding her again, which I will do today.

Thanks for any advice, cause I don't know anything about the breeding / reproductive side of it all.