Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,369

0 members and 1,369 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero

Threaded View

Thanks

Question Baby ball python close mouth striked a couple times during handling today?

Okay, so the only time she’s ever struck so far is when I pulled her hide away and spooked her. But today during our handling session she striked at my hand, didn’t open her mouth as far as I could tell. Then a couple minutes later she striked in the direction of my boyfriend changing his shirt across the room again closed mouth. But this time her tail started wagging back and forth, almost as if she was a rattlesnake. I found it adorable considering how small she is, but my boyfriend has yet to handle her as he’s a little apprehensive about snakes, and this certainly didn’t help. I passed it off as her having a mood swing to him so he wouldn’t be put off from eventually handling her.

So first off she ate Monday, so I know she’s not hungry. And she did shed this last weekend. Is aggression normal after shedding? She also hasn’t pooped in about 3 weeks so I’m wondering if she’s backed up, could that cause aggression? This just really isn’t like her. She’s normally so gentle.
    Last edited by Shadowy; 03-14-2019 at 11:48 PM.