Hello everybody.
It's been a while since I posted and I will soon be having my 1 year anniversary with my male BP Monty. Anyways, I was gone for 5 days and he went all that time without my daily enclosure sprays and today when I took him out I noticed that he had some flaky scales and a few of the scales on the belly were turning brown and 2 had cracks in them. He lives in a 20 gallon tank with two hides, a water bowl and a tree branch(a few decorative leaves to add). His substrate is a mix of Forest Floor, Jungle Mix, and Reptibark. His avg. humidity is around 55% and his ambient temp is around 82 degrees Fahrenheit. His cool side is between 79 and 81 degrees Fahrenheit and his hot spot is between 86 and 90 degrees Fahrenheit(Don't worry, hot spot has a thermostat). He has never missed a meal and eats a large mouse every week. He has never showed any aggression to me and I handle him twice a week. Note: I haven't cleaned his enclosure in 2-3 months and his last shed was before 2019. Right now, I want to move him to a 28 quart tub for a few days to keep a close eye on him. I'm scared to use a heat pad with plastic tubs, so I am also curious if he will be fine without a heat tub. (P.S. He rarely uses his hot spot to digest his meals so I have no doubt in his ability to digest in lower temps.) Anyways, while I set up his tub, what should I do? Thanks.