hey yall so i wanted to make a post about this since lately ive been obsessed with it. but 1) isopods are so dang cute. okay now that thats over with i wanna hear your opinions on bioactive and reasonings as to why you have or havent done it! i did it because i have a western hognose (soon to be a southern hognose aswell) and ive talked to a few people who saw crazy changes in their hogs personality and activity so i went for it and i do have to say that hes way more active and eating better than ever.

anyways, a huge part (arguably the most important part) of bio is the CUC (clean up crew) for different climates the CUC varies but generally will always consist of isopods and springtails, where people go from there is up to them such as darkling beetles, compost worms, millipedes, spiders (house spiders usually) different kinds of roaches, etc. but you end up becoming more fascinated with watching the CUC more than anything else. so just today i went out and started 5 different cultures:

P. laevis (Dairy Cow)

Armadillidium maculatum (Zebras)

Porcellionides pruinosus (Powder Orange)

i also have Trichorhina tomentosa (Dwarf Whites) but theyre extremely elusive.

im so excited to get into different species of isopods and millipedes once i move. i cant wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk