I've posted this on 2 other sites and so far nothing has worked and this is starting to get really discouraging. I've gone through 3 heating pads, done everything I could possibly think of, and nothing is fixing the heating problem. I use a Jumpstart Thermostat, Etekcity temp gun, and ultratherm heat pad. I've had the stat probe directly on the heating pad in the center, I moved it around when that didn't work, I had the tank directly on the heating pad, I had the tank held up on coasters, I switched to the small tank ''feet'' that come with some heating pads, I've taped the heating pad to the tank with the stat probe in between, I've taped the stat probe to the bottom of the tank and had the heat pad underneath it, I don't know what to do. I know that the stat needs to be set higher than the wanted temperature and I did that. It doesn't work. I had it set to 96 and the tank went to 93 so I turned it down 3 and it went down to 87 so I turned it up 1 and it's still on 87. It just does whatever. And it isn't because the room is too cold. There's a heater in the room that turns on and keeps it from getting too cold and turns off before it gets too hot.

I really don't know what to do anymore, any help is greatly appreciated.