Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,815

1 members and 2,814 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Play Time with Monty

Quote Originally Posted by MissterDog View Post
    What a cute little scarf snake! Cute dogs too!
    Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Carpe' Diem

Thanks

Play Time with Monty

Just wanted to share a few more pics of my handsome boy from today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Shayne; 03-23-2019 at 06:04 PM.
    Carpe' Diem

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shayne For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (03-23-2019),Dianne (03-24-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,795 Times in 11,828 Posts
    Beautiful snake- such clear yellows!...I really like the shot of what looks like a stand-off between your dog & your snake giving him (or her) the , lol...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Shayne (03-23-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Beautiful snake- such clear yellows!...I really like the shot of what looks like a stand-off between your dog & your snake giving him (or her) the , lol...
    Thanks, BogerChic!!

Yea, that's Babygirl. She gets all excited every time I take Monty out to stretch his "legs". She loooves new animals, no matter what kind it is. lol

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Shayne For This Useful Post:

Dianne (03-24-2019)

Thanks
    My smaller dog is a terrier mix...he's a bit too "interested" too. But he's a very good dog & knows better than to try anything. He hasn't been with me as long
    as my bigger dog, she's seen the snakes her whole life & accepts them. I don't completely trust him, though when I showed him a shed, he was a little afraid
    of it too. Silly dogs!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Shayne (03-24-2019)

Thanks

My smaller dog is a terrier mix...he's a bit too "interested" too. But he's a very good dog & knows better than to try anything. He hasn't been with me as long
    as my bigger dog, she's seen the snakes her whole life & accepts them. I don't completely trust him, though when I showed him a shed, he was a little afraid
    of it too. Silly dogs!
    Awww I love Terriers! What's your bigger dog? I'm thinking of getting a Boxer next. Those big, goofy faces are too much. lol

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Shayne For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (03-24-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shayne View Post
    Awww I love Terriers! What's your bigger dog? I'm thinking of getting a Boxer next. Those big, goofy faces are too much. lol
    My bigger dog (about 46 lbs) is anyone's guess! Got her from a shelter in CA when she was 6 mos. old- had been found running loose & not claimed. She is black with
    some white spots on chest, & now that she's 14, she has wonderful white eyebrows, muzzle & feet too. She is short haired with a slender sporting-dog build & narrow
    face & she's gotten her share of squirrels when a little younger- oops! She has a good sense of humor (I've rubbed off) & is playful still, & very sweet. She doesn't
    have an alpha bone in her body- she gets along great with my other (much smaller) dog & if I'm not watchful, he'll steal her food. They're best buddies.

Boxers are cool...but there's not many dogs I don't like. I've always adopted from shelters & mostly mixed breeds, but I've had a couple Dobermans in the past too-
    one had been badly abused & taken away by law from the abusers (her pups & the pit she was bred to were put down), & the other "merely" abandoned. I love Dobies
    but if you're real social, they can be more bent on protecting you than you'd prefer, & they're very high-energy dogs...they do best with a "job", lol.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Dianne (03-24-2019),Shayne (03-24-2019)

Thanks

My bigger dog (about 46 lbs) is anyone's guess! Got her from a shelter in CA when she was 6 mos. old- had been found running loose & not claimed. She is black with
    some white spots on chest, & now that she's 14, she has wonderful white eyebrows, muzzle & feet too. She is short haired with a slender sporting-dog build & narrow
    face & she's gotten her share of squirrels when a little younger- oops! She has a good sense of humor (I've rubbed off) & is playful still, & very sweet. She doesn't
    have an alpha bone in her body- she gets along great with my other (much smaller) dog & if I'm not watchful, he'll steal her food. They're best buddies.

Boxers are cool...but there's not many dogs I don't like. I've always adopted from shelters & mostly mixed breeds, but I've had a couple Dobermans in the past too-
    one had been badly abused & taken away by law from the abusers (her pups & the pit she was bred to were put down), & the other "merely" abandoned. I love Dobies
    but if you're real social, they can be more bent on protecting you than you'd prefer, & they're very high-energy dogs...they do best with a "job", lol.
    Aww that's awesome! We only do "rescue" pups too. Babygirl was found wandering the streets and was dropped off at the local animal shelter in Hot Springs, AR, which is where we got her from. We lived there for a year when my wife came home one day and decided she wanted to retire and move to the mountains. We talked about it on a Monday and was driving to Arkansas to look at houses by that Friday.Six weeks later we were living in Hot Springs and shortly after, we got Babygirl. Poor baby stayed in "survival mode". Every time we'd take her outside she would catch any bugs she could and eat them. We think it's how she survived while homeless. Funny story....we were sitting in the living room one night when a scorpion wanders into the living room (we always kept the sliding doors open which led out to a screened-in porch) and it ran under the couch where I was sitting. Well, she sees it before I could get to it and tries to eat it. Needless to say, it popped her on the front paw. She was literally walking around like nothing happened within 20 minutes.

Our other one is Lucy. She was rescued from a local animal shelter here in Louisiana. Got her 8 yrs. ago and now she's 10 yrs. old - super-protective.

Ohh I love dobies! Thankfully, we don't like 'people', so worrying about him/her biting someone is minimal. lol

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Shayne For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (03-24-2019)

Thanks
    I'm not a big "entertainer" either so having a 4-canine* interrogation team wasn't an issue for me either; in fact when I had the Dobies (*plus 2 rescued shepherd
    mixes) I also had rattlesnakes in my house, so there wasn't a big "demand" to visit me. I even put up warning signs on my entry doors ("rattlesnakes on duty") &
    despite the high crime rate in So. Calif. I never seemed to entice any burglars?

Your dogs sound wonderful too. There's no shortage of great dogs at all ages that are in dire need of homes. Most of my adopted dogs have been adults...something
    that worked far better for me when working- you can't expect a puppy to stay home alone, much less train itself. Even though adult dogs may come with some
    "baggage", often their former owners were part of the problem. My little terrier mix was in the shelter twice before I got him: found guilty of separation anxiety after
    working owners expected him to stay home alone all day, & in a crate (!) without any issues. He no longer has that issue nor does he tear up his crate if & when
    confined (for much briefer times). He's playful & happy with his "big sister".

I know what you mean about "survival mode": my brother & sil have 2 rescue dogs too, & their terrier tries to eat turtles- when they find any roaming they have to hold
    him back. He had been running wild in the woods before they got him...they figure that's how he survived.

Sorry Monty...we're getting sidetracked!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Dianne (03-24-2019),Shayne (03-26-2019)

Thanks

I'm not a big "entertainer" either so having a 4-canine* interrogation team wasn't an issue for me either; in fact when I had the Dobies (*plus 2 rescued shepherd
    mixes) I also had rattlesnakes in my house, so there wasn't a big "demand" to visit me. I even put up warning signs on my entry doors ("rattlesnakes on duty") &
    despite the high crime rate in So. Calif. I never seemed to entice any burglars?

Your dogs sound wonderful too. There's no shortage of great dogs at all ages that are in dire need of homes. Most of my adopted dogs have been adults...something
    that worked far better for me when working- you can't expect a puppy to stay home alone, much less train itself. Even though adult dogs may come with some
    "baggage", often their former owners were part of the problem. My little terrier mix was in the shelter twice before I got him: found guilty of separation anxiety after
    working owners expected him to stay home alone all day, & in a crate (!) without any issues. He no longer has that issue nor does he tear up his crate if & when
    confined (for much briefer times). He's playful & happy with his "big sister".

I know what you mean about "survival mode": my brother & sil have 2 rescue dogs too, & their terrier tries to eat turtles- when they find any roaming they have to hold
    him back. He had been running wild in the woods before they got him...they figure that's how he survived.

Sorry Monty...we're getting sidetracked!
    Love the "rattlesnakes on duty" signs. That would've done it for me. I'm a big ole poonani when it comes to the "venomous" variety.

Yes, the only reasons dogs "destroy" things is typically due to stress. Want a dog to destroy your favorite piece of furniture, those $400 high-heels you just bought - leave your dogs alone on a daily basis and watch the stress levels skyrocket. Can't blame them, really.

Lucy was a "fear biter" when we got her. I lost count how many times she nipped me, including the very 1st day we saw her at the shelter. But for some reason, that's why I was determined to help her. Come to think of it, she helped ME. Weird how that happens. lol Just wish we had the means to rescue every animal in need of love.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shayne For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (03-26-2019),Dianne (03-26-2019)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast