Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,830

0 members and 2,830 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,897 Times in 2,992 Posts

Re: What have you been late to the party for?

Quote Originally Posted by Danger noodles View Post
    Also I was a few seasons late to game of thrones. Which is the best show ever!!
    Yeah same here ... I caught a bit of one night and wasn’t sure about it but thankfully a colleague suggested ( very strongly) that I watch the very first episode... I was hooked ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks
    breaking bad, just started it a few weeks ago
    i've still never seen the titanic and i didn't have my first big mac until i was 30 years old (and in ireland lol)

i've never watched GOT and never will....

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SilentHill For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (03-14-2019)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

I was late to the iPhone. Had an android till the iPhone 5. A guy said if u don’t like it bring it back. I didn’t bring it back and I love it way more than my androids. Everyone converted to iPhones at my work and it was great
    Oh heck no!! I'm a Samsung guy all the way. I bought one iPhone years ago and HATED it. I couldn't switch back to Samsung fast enough.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

Kira (03-14-2019)

Banned
    Thanks
    ...now on to Ax's original question...
    I'm not sure if I'll catch flack for this or not, but here goes...

I wish I had jumped on a job a few years back with a chef friend of mine. He left the grind of the restaurant industry to make marijuana edibles (legally in MA).
    So, he works for a dispensary here in MA and is making bank. He has stocks in the company and is killing it. Not to mention his job is EXTREMELY less stressful than restaurantville.
    I wish I jumped on that train when I could have. With $9.8 MILLION in sales the first month between just 2 locations (we now have 7 and counting) the market is obviously BOOMING!!

Now, some of you may say "But, Craig, aren't you an addict?"
    I am, and an alcoholic. But I can say this with a 100% open, honest mind...I have never lied, cheated, stolen or manipulated for marijuana, nor did it ever change the person I am. I became a pro at lying, cheating, stealing and manipulation for drugs and alcohol, and I became a rotten shell of the person I am when drinking and using.

I'm also a firm believer that medicinal marijuana can save lives. Picture a world where instead of seeing your Dr for back pain, knee surgery, etc... and walking out with a script for a narcotic...you walk out with a script for marijuana. It is much safer, and I can speak from experience here, nobody gets addicted to marijuana and jumps to heroin because it's cheaper. It happens EVERY DAY with people on narcotic pills FROM THE DR!!

Anyway, medicinal and legal marijuana are booming, and within a few years will be legal in almost every state. I wish I got on that train sooner.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (03-14-2019),jmcrook (03-14-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SilentHill View Post
    breaking bad, just started it a few weeks ago
    i've still never seen the titanic and i didn't have my first big mac until i was 30 years old (and in ireland lol)

i've never watched GOT and never will....
    I was intentionally late to the party with Breaking Bad. I knew it was a great show and that I would love it, but what I wouldn't love would be the year long wait between seasons.

I started as the last season was ending, reasoning that it would be available on Netflix just as I was getting ready for it, and it was! It was nice to be able to enjoy the decent at my own leisurely pace.

I wish I had done that with Game of Thrones! I started that in Season 1 and have had to deal with the annual frustration between season. I mean c'mon HBO, 10 episodes then a year wait for the next 10! My whole family is drooling now for those last 6 installments.
    \m/

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

I was late to the iPhone. Had an android till the iPhone 5. A guy said if u don’t like it bring it back. I didn’t bring it back and I love it way more than my androids. Everyone converted to iPhones at my work and it was great
    Quote Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    Oh heck no!! I'm a Samsung guy all the way. I bought one iPhone years ago and HATED it. I couldn't switch back to Samsung fast enough.
    get both! i have an work issued iPhone and a Samsung/Android personally. overall the Samsung and Android is superior but i still love beauty and the simplicity and ease of use of the iPhone. the thing i hate most about the iPhone is that all your icons are pretty much on a grid that blocks your background wallpaper. WTF is up w/ that?

also i miss Windows phone.

Edit:
    ...now on to Ax's original question...
    I'm not sure if I'll catch flack for this or not, but here goes...

I wish I had jumped on a job a few years back with a chef friend of mine. He left the grind of the restaurant industry to make marijuana edibles (legally in MA).
    So, he works for a dispensary here in MA and is making bank. He has stocks in the company and is killing it. Not to mention his job is EXTREMELY less stressful than restaurantville.
    I wish I jumped on that train when I could have. With $9.8 MILLION in sales the first month between just 2 locations (we now have 7 and counting) the market is obviously BOOMING!!

Now, some of you may say "But, Craig, aren't you an addict?"
    I am, and an alcoholic. But I can say this with a 100% open, honest mind...I have never lied, cheated, stolen or manipulated for marijuana, nor did it ever change the person I am. I became a pro at lying, cheating, stealing and manipulation for drugs and alcohol, and I became a rotten shell of the person I am when drinking and using.

I'm also a firm believer that medicinal marijuana can save lives. Picture a world where instead of seeing your Dr for back pain, knee surgery, etc... and walking out with a script for a narcotic...you walk out with a script for marijuana. It is much safer, and I can speak from experience here, nobody gets addicted to marijuana and jumps to heroin because it's cheaper. It happens EVERY DAY with people on narcotic pills FROM THE DR!!

Anyway, medicinal and legal marijuana are booming, and within a few years will be legal in almost every state. I wish I got on that train sooner.
    yeppers! 27 states and the country overall is sooo late to this party.
    Last edited by Ax01; 03-13-2019 at 02:57 PM.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (03-13-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,791 Times in 11,826 Posts

I don't quite think it will replace "knee surgery" but I do agree that it's a better option for many conditions & should be legal & an available option. And no way
    should all these people be locked up over petty violations, but of course the current system does make a lot of money for those running the private prisons, and they
    gotta fill them somehow... (-the whole mess needs to be fixed!)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (03-14-2019)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    I don't quite think it will replace "knee surgery" but I do agree that it's a better option for many conditions & should be legal & an available option. And no way
    should all these people be locked up over petty violations, but of course the current system does make a lot of money for those running the private prisons, and they
    gotta fill them somehow... (-the whole mess needs to be fixed!)
    No, it certainly won't replace surgery, but it is a healthier pain relief alternative to opiates and narcotics for post surgery pain relief.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,691 Times in 3,863 Posts

Boa constrictors. I was late the party with Boas.

Kept reptiles for over 20 years before I got my first. Now I have two.

Love them!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (03-14-2019),jmcrook (03-14-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JRLongton View Post
    I was intentionally late to the party with Breaking Bad. I knew it was a great show and that I would love it, but what I wouldn't love would be the year long wait between seasons.
    have you seen better call saul??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12