Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,051

1 members and 3,050 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

Good Canadian frozen rodent supplier?

Could anyone recommend me a good frozen rodent supplier in Canada? I'm looking for one that doesn't have ridiculous shipping costs and is consistent about the quality and size/weight of rodents.

Thanks

My personal experiance

So I will start out by saying I am a new owner but had to go on a long journey to find a good provider for frozen feeders. So when I got my guy the information the breeder sent me said 30 grams live rat. However I missed this and bought frozen mice. He took them with no problems and wants nothing to do with rats even when rubbed in mice insides to say it nicely.

So i live in the GTA area and looking online was a massive problem. I had to call every possible pet store that i could find that sold reptile products. Pet smart is a good option but they very expensive but very consistent.
    The next is Paul mac pets, they are not very consistent but they are very cheap (about $1.50 Canadian a mouse).

Also tails and scales in the Toronto area is absolutely not reliable, the "adult" mice are normally less than 20 grams, are dirty and don't smell particularly nice when thawed, i mean as nice as thawed mice can smell but these were definitely stinky.

i have found the best to be Big Als, for adult mice they cost about $2.50 each and are pretty consistent is size ranging between 25-30 grams (at least at my local one).

I sadly Don't know about any mass distributors online as i cant pay shipping costs cuz college is expensive and shipping is a little to much from what i have seen. but i hope this helps some way.

Thanks
    Try, Coast to coast rodents! They are based in blackstock Ontario, his prices are really good and he always has rats. Rats never smell and sizes are consistent. Shipping in Ontario is $20, outside Ontario is $70, farm pickup is free. I drive by for work all the time, so I don't know how well shipments are packed, as I do farm pickup.

Thanks

Re: Good Canadian frozen rodent supplier?

Quote Originally Posted by Luvyna View Post
    Could anyone recommend me a good frozen rodent supplier in Canada? I'm looking for one that doesn't have ridiculous shipping costs and is consistent about the quality and size/weight of rodents.
    Where in Canada are you located? I live in the Niagara area of Ontario and have found a great supplier (healthy feeders, competitive prices) but I meet him on his delivery route, don't know if he ships..... but I'll ask. :-)