Hey all!

In addition to my UTH (connected to thermostat), I need an overhead heat source for my BP tank, as my house can be a bit chilly- especially during this cold winter. For the first few months, I was using 75W purple-light reptile bulbs in a 100W dome connected to a stand elevated above the tank. I am using a separate thermostat for the fixture and have 2 thermometers and hygrometers in the tank. I found the purple bulbs weren't entirely strong enough as I couldn't get the ambient air over 78 degrees (want it to be at 80).

After some research and recommendations, I was told to get a ceramic heat bulb instead as they are supposed to be more powerful and last forever. The ceramic bulb came 11 days ago and up until today, it was working PERFECTLY. Ambient air was at 80 without a hiccup and was noticeably warming the whole area around her tank. I check her temps and humidity at least twice every day.

Then, all of a sudden today I wake up, and her tank's thermometer is reading 73?!! All of a sudden. Nothing about the environment has chagned, everything is still plugged in connected to the thermostats. The ceramic bulb still seems to be giving off heat, but less powerful, maybe? If I put my hand directly under, it is pretty hot, but anything over a few inches away I can't feel it anymore.

Does anyone know what happened? It's just weird that it was perfect for a week and then suddenly it's not helping warm the tank at all. Faulty bulb? Should I get a new one?

I now have a small portable heater set up near her tank to get some warm air, but how long can the temps be sub-par? I may not be able to get a new bulb for 2 days (Monday). She still has her warm hide with a warm spot of 90- she's over in her cool side at the moment though.

I have some leftover of the 75W purple bulbs I was using before. Should i hook one of those back up again?

Advice would be great! Thank you!