Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,029

0 members and 2,029 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Thoughts and opinions on the spider ball python

It's a difficult topic in my opinion.
    I personally think that the Spider morphs are some of the prettiest ball pythons. I have one myself but I also don't know how to feel regarding their neurological issue. Some of them wobble so bad that it looks like they have IBD. If you look at the videos of the them doing corkscrews, you will have to admit that it is not the prettiest sight.
    The sad thing is that the wobble is unpredictable. It can get worse with age but it doesn't have to. It can actually go away with age or occur suddenly out of the blue. Two healthy snake parents can have hatchlings with horrible wobbles and the other way around.
    Personally I don't believe that the snakes are that bothered by it (they are not really complex beings) but the real question is whether or not it is necessary to breed them. Honestly speaking I believe it would be morally better if we stopped breeding them but I also believe that breeding Spiders is not a crime. Some people behave like it is. There are pros and cons to both sides. You have to choose for yourself what you think is right.
    My conclusion is that it's a beautiful morph that has a terrible neurological disorder which can be but doesn't have to be severe. I think people should definitely should be a bit more cautious with Spiders compared to other morphs.
    Male Ball Python (Bumblebee het 100% Clown) - Friedrich
    Female Cat (unknown heritage, was an orphaned kitten) - Shirley

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Caali For This Useful Post:

balls&corns1988 (03-09-2019)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12