Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,059

0 members and 3,059 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks

Baby albino pythons

can anyone please recommend good breeders where i can purchase a baby or small albino burmese python. i would like to add to my collection this year.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

Baby albino pythons

At the risk of sounding judgemental, I think you’re better off getting comfortable with handling and interacting with your current new hatchling burm and getting your new blood python feeding first. There will always be time to add critters after you’re better established with your current snakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jmcrook; 03-04-2019 at 06:21 PM.

3. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Ax01 (03-04-2019),callumdegg (03-06-2019),CALM Pythons (03-06-2019),Craiga 01453 (03-04-2019),Dxw425 (03-07-2019),KevinK (03-06-2019),Kira (03-05-2019),Sonny1318 (03-06-2019),Toad37 (03-07-2019)

Thanks

Re: Baby albino pythons

my baby burmese is now completely tame. he is so sweet now with me. as we speak he just got through shedding and is now ready to eat. my question would be is being around 18 inches long and girth about the size of my thumb will he be able to eat a small frozen rat or do i need to keep feeding him an adult mouse.

Thanks

With all due respect brother, you need to know this stuff before getting something like a Burm. This is elementary care. You should be reading non-stop with the animals you've acquired already and the questions you're asking. I think you're well intentioned but your eyes are bigger than your stomach. Learn THEN acquire, not vice versa.

Food item should be just slightly larger than his girth, and you want to get him on rats ideally if they're of the correct size. Burms can and will get hooked on mice if they stay on them long enough.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to KevinK For This Useful Post:

55fingers (03-06-2019),Ax01 (03-06-2019),CALM Pythons (03-06-2019),jmcrook (03-13-2019),Kira (03-07-2019),Pengil (03-14-2019),Sonny1318 (03-06-2019),Toad37 (03-07-2019)

BPnet Senior Member CALM Pythons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,365 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WILDBILL245 View Post
    my baby burmese is now completely tame. he is so sweet now with me. as we speak he just got through shedding and is now ready to eat. my question would be is being around 18 inches long and girth about the size of my thumb will he be able to eat a small frozen rat or do i need to keep feeding him an adult mouse.
    Im glad your enjoying your snakes but I will not suggest anymore for you. Man to man you couldn’t handle your Burm hatchling 1 week ago because he wanted to burrow and you didn’t know what to do. Now 5 days later you say he is completely tamed when he spent the last week shedding. You haven’t even gotten to work with him for 5 days strait. As honest and interested as you sound, and as eager as you are to learn, you Do Not need another snake that will be 15-18 feet until you completely learn how to care for the ones you have in the years to come. I’d love for you to start a progression thread for your burm so we can all watch him grow. But please slow down. It seems to me your getting in way over your head. When your asking how & when to handle and how to feed then your a beginner whether you had snakes before or not.
    Get a Progression Threads going for your snakes you have now with pics and info about their age and size. Hang out here and interact with everyone... and enjoy what you have.

Name: Christian
    0.1 Albino Ball (Sophie)
    0.1 Russo White Diamond (Grace)
    1.0 Hypo Burmese (Giacomo/AKA Jock)
    1.2 Razors Edge/Gotti & American Pit Bull
    ----------
    1.1 Albino/Normal Burmese (Mr & Mrs Snake)
    1.0 Albino Ball (Sully)

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CALM Pythons For This Useful Post:

Ax01 (03-07-2019),jmcrook (03-13-2019),Kira (03-07-2019),Sonny1318 (03-07-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,135 Times in 1,197 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CALM Pythons View Post
    Im glad your enjoying your snakes but I will not suggest anymore for you. Man to man you couldn’t handle your Burm hatchling 1 week ago because he wanted to burrow and you didn’t know what to do. Now 5 days later you say he is completely tamed when he spent the last week shedding. You haven’t even gotten to work with him for 5 days strait. As honest and interested as you sound, and as eager as you are to learn, you Do Not need another snake that will be 15-18 feet until you completely learn how to care for the ones you have in the years to come. I’d love for you to start a progression thread for your burm so we can all watch him grow. But please slow down. It seems to me your getting in way over your head. When your asking how & when to handle and how to feed then your a beginner whether you had snakes before or not.
    Get a Progression Threads going for your snakes you have now with pics and info about their age and size. Hang out here and interact with everyone... and enjoy what you have.

This is good advice here. I learned a lot from the pros in this forum.

Everyone else..... don't judge me. I am not an addict. Just have 10 snakes. Everything from corns to retics. Perform educational shows to help others learn and get over their fears. Have Morphmarket up every morning before work. Planning custom built bio active cages. LMAO..... not addicted at all...… On a serous note.... I really progressed much quicker than I should have. No regrets though.
    Last edited by Skyrivers; 03-07-2019 at 08:13 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyrivers For This Useful Post:

CALM Pythons (03-07-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skyrivers View Post
    This is good advice here. I learned a lot from the pros in this forum.

Everyone else..... don't judge me. I am not an addict. Just have 10 snakes. Everything from corns to retics. Perform educational shows to help others learn and get over their fears. Have Morphmarket up every morning before work. Planning custom built bio active cages. LMAO..... not addicted at all...… On a serous note.... I really progressed much quicker than I should have. No regrets though.
    I still ask questions and learn a lot form everyone here. I consider the different ways we all do things... but I wish people starting out again or for the first time would slow down for the animals sake. I think sometimes (myself included) we get so excited we have to “Check” ourselves for the animals sake. Caring for these gorgeous creatures especially the Giant Retics and Burms that will grow anywhere from 12’ to 20’ is not a one man job. I myself thought about the years ahead this last time I made a purchase, what my plans are and the possibilities I could have a harder time 20 years from now caring for a large snake. As much as I hate to admit it I will be starting the road to being a Retired Elder by then hahahaha. Im hoping Im healthy and feeling good still but these are all real facts we should all consider when purchasing Pets with such a long life span that are hard to rehome and that not just anyone can care for....

0.1 Albino Ball (Sophie)
    ----------
    1.0 Albino Ball (Sully)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to CALM Pythons For This Useful Post:

Sonny1318 (03-07-2019)

Thanks

my question would be is being around 18 inches long and girth about the size of my thumb will he be able to eat a small frozen rat or do i need to keep feeding him an adult mouse.
    Another question I have answered in the Burmese Python 101 write up. Ive tried to help the best I can and sent you 4 pages on how to care for your Hatchling. I don’t understand why your not reading the heck out of it for basic care knowledge.

0.1 Albino Ball (Sophie)
    ----------
    1.0 Albino Ball (Sully)

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CALM Pythons For This Useful Post:

Ax01 (03-07-2019),Sonny1318 (03-07-2019),Toad37 (03-07-2019)

Thanks

I understand your enthusiasm to buy a new snake as myself have been doing it recently. but before you do go ahead .. because regardless of what people tell you / advise you will do what ever you want. my point is it’s easy and cheap to look after a small snake but it’s best to have a couple years having larger snake get a feel for your albino instead of jumping in deep end buying 2 hatchlings and not knowing what your commitments are and also you shouldn’t even been feeding mice they can have small wieners from hatch I have never fed a mouse to my snakes unless one of my hoggies refuses a feed please think about what you are going to do as I seen a post asking why your burm is burrowing one of mine does the same thing as long as your temps are fine there is nothing to worry about and I don’t provide hides for mine as I feel as they mature they become defensive over them but that’s my personal opinion nobody else’s

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 1,538 Times in 1,148 Posts
    Hey Bill, everyone truly means well. I’ve been keeping 30 years. Maybe you should listen to these guys, little knowledge goes a long way. Then maybe go for it, Peace. Man, never stop dreaming.
    1.0 Black Pastel Pinstripe
    1.0 Reduced Pattern Clown
    1.0 Low White Pied
    1.0 Hypo Super Enchi

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sonny1318 For This Useful Post:

Ax01 (03-07-2019),CALM Pythons (03-07-2019),Toad37 (03-07-2019)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast