Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,208

3 members and 3,205 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

ProHeat Radiant Heat Panel Questions?

Just ordered a PH-12, 340 BTU/h, 100 watt, 12" x 24" x 1" radiant heat panel directly from Bob, which he recommended after I told him I had a 4x2x2 PVC enclosure. Was very willing to help and offered one very important and valuable piece of information that seems to go against a lot of what is out there right now. I am new to the snake game and I would have definitely set it up this way had he not mentioned it. Rather than attaching the probe directly to the panel or very close to it, his advice was to place the probe on the cool side and set the thermo for that spot, rather than it heating up too fast and cutting off more often. This way once the gradient and ambient temps are locked in it should operate more efficiently. He also mentioned or said heat tape "should" not be necessary with this panel to supplement. Now I know he's a business man, but he had some good logic and interesting about how certain heat tapes are banned in Canada and that one company in particular has a huge lawsuit with the stuff out there. The RHPs, at least the aluminum construction types from Pro HEat, seem like a better and more energy efficient option than heat tape for my application. Not that this applies for every application, but just thought I'd share and wish I'd have just gotten one from the start. Probably have spent just as much fu**ing around with bulbs, UTHs and all that crap when I could have just done it right. Cheers.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cee Jay For This Useful Post:

Bodie (08-05-2019)

Thanks

Re: ProHeat Radiant Heat Panel Questions?

Bob is awesome. I use his rhps in all my cages. In general I am a fan of rhp heating
    0.1 Emerald Tree Boa (Northern)
    0.1 Green Tree Python (Aru)
    0.1 Pueblan Milk Snake
    1.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake
    1.0 Pied Het Lavender Albino Ball Python
    1.0 Yellow Phase Eastern Hognose

Thanks

Re: ProHeat Radiant Heat Panel Questions?

Hey quick question everybody! I got the RHP today. It is pretty much 24" long. Should it be mounted centered and length wise across about 1/2 of the enclosure, or width wise? Everywhere I read that the heating elements should only cover roughly 1/3 of the enclosure length, but putting this length wise would, as I said, cover 1/2. Just want to be sure before I drill. Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12