Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,083

0 members and 3,083 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

4 MONTH old bp isn’t eating after 10 DAYS(HELP)

Hi, my ball python is 4 months old and I got it 10 days ago. She hasn’t eaten after I got her and I’ve tried feeding her 3 times. I’ve watched many vids on how to feed frozen and I’ve followed them throughly. I think it’s something to do with my enclosure. Let me give you some information on my temperatures. So inside the warm hide the temperature is 81 on the substrate( With an infrared gun) and throughout the cage the temperature is in the 70s. The humidity is between 50% to 60%. I’m using forest floor and coco fiber mixture as my substrate and I have like 1 inch of it in my tank. My thermostat connected to my heat pad is at 92. My snake doesn’t have mites, scale rot nor respitory issues. I’m not sure why she isn’t eating. The breeder I got it from had success in frozen mice. Do you think I should try live or is there something I need to fix? Please let me know cause I’m getting worried.

Thanks
    Welcome to the forum. For starters you should only start one thread for a topic. If you could post pictures of your enclosure along with more info like what you are using for heat, thermostat, substrate, what size is the snake, what are you using for feeders and exactly how you are prepping/offering. If you have tried 3 times in 10 days you could very well be over stressing your ball which can make them almost afraid of there food. It is recommended to leave them alone for a week or more once you acquire them to let them get settled in. No holding or feeding and only go into enclosure if you need to adjust or clean. Everyone here is super helpful and you will get great advice and have a happy healthy BP in no time.Also read through the husbandry and care info stickies in these forums
    1.0 Bearded Dragon
    0.1 Super Pastel Lesser Ball Python
    1.0 Pastel Bamboo Ball Python
    0.0.1 Halmahera Blue Tongue Skink
    0.0.2 Crested Gecko
    1.2.Guinea Pigs
    1.0 Leopard Gecko
    0.1 Toad
    0.1 Iguana
    0.1 Dog
    0.2 Cats

Thanks
    Welcome! Ball pythons can go MONTHS without food so 10 days is nothing. You are stressing her out by offering too often- wait 7-10 days before offering again. Ball pythons can get stressed easily so they need at least a week to adjust to a new environment. Does she have matching, snug hides on both the cool side and warm side of the enclosure? I second that pictures of the enclosure would be helpful as well.

You mentioned that your ambient temp is in the 70's. What exactly is the temperature? It wasn't mentioned in your post but are you feeding inside or outside the enclosure?
    Last edited by Kira; 03-03-2019 at 10:16 AM.
    Winry-Pastel Vanilla BP

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kira For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (03-03-2019),MissterDog (03-03-2019)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    Just saw this thread...I replied to the other. No need to make 2 basically identical threads in 2 minutes