Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,771

3 members and 2,768 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull

Thread: First week in

Thanks

First week in

I have had my snake for officially one week! I noticed Tuesday he was cruising and on Wednesday gave him a live fuzzy rat that he ate with no problems. Today was the first day I took him out of his tub in a rack and he explored and didn't seem too nervous so I am optimistic.

I fell in love with ball pythons at a Reptile Expo that I was planning to learn more about leopard geckos, lol. After just a week though, I get why ball pythons may be more intermediate snakes. It took me a week, before snake, to set up the tub and make sure the parameters were correct and now with snake, all I can really do is spot checks and eventually hold him occasionally, if he seems to tolerate it.

Hopefully his next outing out of the tub, I can get some pics!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Calla For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (03-02-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,791 Times in 11,826 Posts
    That's great that he's taken food quickly, & doesn't "seem nervous" -though BPs hide those feelings pretty well. Main thing is don't handle much until
    he's fed a few more times. Just to make sure... I agree with you, BPs are more of an "intermediate" kind of snake, but you seem to have done your home-
    work.

Thanks

Re: First week in

This is also why they are intermediate snakes, in my opinion, they love to hide so besides not being able to hold them often, you don't see them often.

One reason I took him out today was to make sure he looked OK because with spot checks, all I see is a tongue flick from his hide.