Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,760

1 members and 2,759 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Super Cinnamon project advice needed

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Spence View Post
    Well I'm curious, what is the project, why do you need to start with a super cinnamon?
    I'm curious, too. If a super cinnamon is bred to a non-cinnamon, all the babies would be cinnamons. If a cinnamon is bred to a non-cinnamon, I'd expect half the babies would be cinnamons. IMO the difference in the number of cinnamon babies isn't worth the trouble and expense of starting with a super cinnamon. The object of the project might convince me differently though.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

If the object is a super cinnamon champagne, then start with a cinnamon and a champagne. Expect 1/4 of the babies to be cinnamon champagne. Mate cinnamon champagne to cinnamon. Expect 1/8 of the babies to be super cinnamon champagne.

If the first generation was super cinnamon x champagne, then half of their babies would be expected to be cinnamon champagne. Second generation would still be cinnamon champagne x cinnamon.

Good luck with the project, whatever it is.

Thanks
    Yes there are risks. Thats why I'm researching the possibilities. Profit has absolutely nothing to do with why I'm considering the project. It's the chance to create something truely unique and beautiful, a blue ball python. I could go into the ethics but I'm not here to debate with anyone. Here is my end goal. Found this online. Hope the link works.
    Could I achieve this with another set of genes or the same genes but in a diffrent order? I don't know. Could I maybe mix a cinnamon with a black pastel to get the super and then mix in the rest...again no idea. Will never know unless
    We try.

Last edited by Kalikat; 03-02-2019 at 10:00 PM.

Thanks

[IMG][/IMG]

Take 3 on showing the pic.
    Last edited by Kalikat; 03-02-2019 at 10:13 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kalikat For This Useful Post:

Dianne (03-03-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

i also have Cinny/Super Cinny and Black Pastel/SBP projects. i researched and read everything, discussed it and accepted the risks, heatbreak and responsibilities. i think my Super Cinny clutch was great! and thankfully my my hatchies are thriving. maybe i got lucky and wish u luck as well in your endeavors.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalikat View Post
    Yes there are risks. Thats why I'm researching the possibilities. Profit has absolutely nothing to do with why I'm considering the project. It's the chance to create something truely unique and beautiful, a blue ball python. I could go into the ethics but I'm not here to debate with anyone. Here is my end goal. Found this online. Hope the link works.
    Could I achieve this with another set of genes or the same genes but in a diffrent order? I don't know. Could I maybe mix a cinnamon with a black pastel to get the super and then mix in the rest...again no idea. Will never know unless
    We try.
    that's awsome! i've seen only one of those; actually it was a SBP Ghost/Hypo and love it's blue glow. i agree w/ the others that buying a Super Cinny so u can pick one out deformity free is the best route. however, u have to keep in and that some point u have to add in Ghost/Hypo, so either way u will be working w/ het Ghost/Hypo offsprings and recrossing them to make your end goal. so the risks i still there but like me, be ready to do what's responsible and prepare for heartbreak on your journey there. good luck and please share your progress.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

Roux (03-04-2019),the_rotten1 (03-05-2019)

Thanks

Ooh a blue snake, i see! I dunno. It might be easier to find 2 hypo cinnamon snakes to breed rather than start with a super and breed to a hypo then breed the offspring for your final goal. Unless the super cinny is het for hypo... then that makes it pretty straight forward.
    I wish you luck as well, and would love updates on the project.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12