Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,248

0 members and 3,248 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Help! Mites

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Help! Mites

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    YESSSSSSSS! (Happy Dance!) Trust me, she's grateful for your help.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if she at 2 or 3 pinkies (at night, as before). It's more important that she eats now...she'll get braver when she feels better, I promise. And waiting until Thursday is perfect...she'll be settled down by then, & hungry. (good instincts...)
    Okay great! I'll leave her alone till then & keep you posted!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ditto For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (04-02-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,825 Times in 11,844 Posts
    I can hardly wait to see her (hopefully!) past the "cooties" now, & able to just eat, relax & get to know you.

Now you can see why everyone dreads mites so much! Such a set-back for a new snake.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Ditto (04-02-2019)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I can hardly wait to see her (hopefully!) past the "cooties" now, & able to just eat, relax & get to know you.

Now you can see why everyone dreads mites so much! Such a set-back for a new snake.
    Yes!! I'm so excited for her to eventually be stress free & to get to see her personality come out more. I know all snakes are different but you've described this species so beautifully & I can't wait to fully experience the "Trans-pecos charm" lol (not that she hasn't charmed me already, even now she's just a total sweetheart)

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ditto For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (04-02-2019)

Thanks
    How is little Orla this evening? Hiding or peeking?

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

How is little Orla this evening? Hiding or peeking?
    I'm sorry I never saw this! She's been hiding since she shed, no peeking but sometimes part of her body sticks out from the hide. I tried to feed her last night & left three pinkies in with her overnight, I checked on her this morning & they were exactly where I left them
    I guess I'll just try again next week? Unless there's something else I could try, but it's probably best to just leave her alone, right?

Thanks
    Oh, so sorry. It obviously wasn't long enough after all the "drama" for her to feel hungry. Yes, let her rest, feel safe & then try again in about a week.
    You could try earlier IF you see her cruising & hunting...but no rush.

The pinkies you left...were they right at the doorway of her hide? or further away? (she might not have come out far enough to have found them...I do think
    she's "running on empty" ie. feeling weak) And no problem, I only just missed you on the 3rd...I noticed you were on & by the time I posted, you were off, lol...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Ditto (04-05-2019)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Oh, so sorry. It obviously wasn't long enough after all the "drama" for her to feel hungry. Yes, let her rest, feel safe & then try again in about a week.
    You could try earlier IF you see her cruising & hunting...but no rush.

The pinkies you left...were they right at the doorway of her hide? or further away? (she might not have come out far enough to have found them...I do think
    she's "running on empty" ie. feeling weak) And no problem, I only just missed you on the 3rd...I noticed you were on & by the time I posted, you were off, lol...
    They were right by the doorway, not like fully blocking the entrance but if she had poked her head out a tiny bit she would've touched one. I hope she's feeling well enough to eat next week!
    & yeah sorry about that lol, I used to be online a bunch everyday but I've just been so busy lately, though thankfully things seem like they're clearing up so I'll have a lot more time on my hands again

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ditto For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (04-05-2019)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Hey all! Sorry I forgot to post an update last week. I left her 3 pinkies last thursday overnight & she ate 1 & left the rest. I haven't touched her in a few weeks, aside from changing her paper towels once, to reduce stress, and she's been getting a lot more confident. She's been poking her head out for the past few days & today she's actually out looking for food! Going to attempt to feed her once it gets dark, fingers crossed she takes more than one pinky. I'm hopefully going to be able to get her some fuzzies this week, money's been a bit tight lately but I think I've found a place local to me where I could get some

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ditto For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (04-17-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto View Post
    Hey all! Sorry I forgot to post an update last week. I left her 3 pinkies last thursday overnight & she ate 1 & left the rest. I haven't touched her in a few weeks, aside from changing her paper towels once, to reduce stress, and she's been getting a lot more confident. She's been poking her head out for the past few days & today she's actually out looking for food! Going to attempt to feed her once it gets dark, fingers crossed she takes more than one pinky. I'm hopefully going to be able to get her some fuzzies this week, money's been a bit tight lately but I think I've found a place local to me where I could get some
    At least she ate one, but too bad that's all she took. Sounds like a good sign though now (looking for food). She's been thru a lot, so hopefully her appetite will keep
    improving now, along with some courage. Up until lately, she's felt like she's been under attack...not that you had a choice, nasty mites!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Ditto (04-17-2019)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Ugh okay, sorry for no updates in a bit! Feeling a bit discouraged lately, I'm not sure how to help her. On Thursday it'll have been three weeks since she ate. I'm gonna be honest, she's looking pretty skinny and it's really freaking me out. She's been out and about a lot, it looks like she's searching for food but I'm not sure now because she's not eating. I'm going to attempt to feed her tomorrow night, I'm FINALLY getting some fuzzies for her tonight. If you have any more ideas on how to get her to eat they would be really greatly appreciated!!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast