Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 948

3 members and 945 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2

Thread: Help! Mites

Threaded View

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Help! Mites

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    She kept her pinky down, right? Are you seeing any mites anywhere? Does she seem to tolerate the soak alright? (make sure she doesn't drink it)

If no major issues, I'd keep soaking her once a day. I've not used that spray, I thought that was supposed to go on the snake? (PAM goes on substrate towels...)

I don't know how effective it is, you might not need both Nat Chem spray & soaks, especially if you're going to use PAM also??? There are no "ill effects" from the
    soaks, that's the safest & most low-tech method, but as I said before, it can miss some mites...it's just the fastest way to reduce the numbers of mites, for the
    safety of the snake. (It's a little stressful, sure...but so is applying the spray, & all the cage disruption...can't be helped)
    Yep she kept her food down. There were one or two dead mites on the paper towel before I changed it & a few dead ones in the water after her soak. She's struggled a bit with the soaks but calms down after a minute & just sits in the water.
    The natural chemistry bottle said it could be used both on the snake & in the enclosure, but it said to wait at least three days between applying it to the snake (exact quote is "Reapply as often as necessary, but not more often than at 3-day intervals). I put it on her yesterday so I guess I'll wait to reapply on Sunday?
    I'll keep soaking her daily, then, as it's definitely killing some of the mites & it gives me time to clean her enclosure.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ditto For This Useful Post:

SquirmyPug (03-02-2019)