Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,996

2 members and 2,994 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

Morph - ID Possible?

Hi,

I bought 2 Ball Pythons a month ago but neither of them had an 100% morph ID and the store didn’t knew it either.

Is it possible to ID them or do I really need to breed them in order to know for sure (I am already breeding them either way).

The small one is a Phantom/Mojave Pinstripe, not knowing if a Phantom or a Mojave.

The big one is a Emperor Pinstripe, not knowing which morphs are creating the Emperor.

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

Hugo

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Phantom and Mojave combined with Pin are difficult to call... Tentatively I would call yours a Mojave Pin but lighting is not great and that can make a difference. Honestly, I would want to have a hands on to be able to most reliably call it.

Emperor is a Lesser Pastel Pin
    actagggcagtgatatcctagcattgatggtacatggcaaattaacctcatgat

Thanks

Re: Morph - ID Possible?

Quote Originally Posted by asplundii View Post
    Phantom and Mojave combined with Pin are difficult to call... Tentatively I would call yours a Mojave Pin but lighting is not great and that can make a difference. Honestly, I would want to have a hands on to be able to most reliably call it.

Emperor is a Lesser Pastel Pin
    Hinwas told by a breeder that the Emperor could be Butter/Lesser Pastel os even just Lesser Pastel, is this info correct or it would be definitly Lesser Pastel?

Thanks for Your help in both. If it helps, herde you have more photos of it.

Enviado do meu iPad usando o Tapatalk

Thanks

*I meant just a Lesser Pinstripe (the info a breeder gave me about the óptimos)

Enviado do meu iPad usando o Tapatalk

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ERA View Post
    Hinwas told by a breeder that the Emperor could be Butter/Lesser Pastel os even just Lesser Pastel, is this info correct or it would be definitly Lesser Pastel?.
    Butter and Lesser are just different lines of the same morph (just like Bananan and Coral Glow). In a case where you 100% know the lineage then it is probably best to maintain that name but in a case like yours where the lineage is unknown you can call it which ever you want - Butter Pastel Pin or Lesser Pastel Pin. In the grand scheme of things it does not matter either way

Thanks for Your help in both. If it helps, herde you have more photos of it.
    Still tricky given how close Phantom and Mojave are. I am inclined to stand by Mojave Pin. If it really matters to you then the best thing to do would be to raise it up and breed to a known Mojave. If you get a BluEL then you will know it is a Mojave and if you get a Purple Passion then it is a Phantom

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by asplundii View Post
    Butter and Lesser are just different lines of the same morph (just like Bananan and Coral Glow). In a case where you 100% know the lineage then it is probably best to maintain that name but in a case like yours where the lineage is unknown you can call it which ever you want - Butter Pastel Pin or Lesser Pastel Pin. In the grand scheme of things it does not matter either way

Still tricky given how close Phantom and Mojave are. I am inclined to stand by Mojave Pin. If it really matters to you then the best thing to do would be to raise it up and breed to a known Mojave. If you get a BluEL then you will know it is a Mojave and if you get a Purple Passion then it is a Phantom
    Oh ok, I didn’t knew that about the butter/lesser. Thanks for all that info!

Yes, I’ll be breeding them, going to start next season. I wasn’t aware at the time about the meaning of the “/“ and the guy from the expo told me it had Mojave AND Phatom so I bought it because I was looking for a female Mojave. Just afterward a breeder friend of mine explained that it was one OR the other, not both.

Just hope you are wright, I was looking to produce a BEL for a first Goal

Thanks again for your feedback!

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Just hope you are wright, I was looking to produce a BEL for a first Goal

Thanks again for your feedback!
    Glad to be of help.

And if I am wrong and your animal does turn out to be a Phantom take heart that the PassionPin is still a pretty cool looking animal:

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...=1#post2497489