Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,510

0 members and 2,510 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Thanks

Re: Couple questions about my young red tail

If you’re looking for an affordable enclosure look at DYI critter condos. I got mine 4’x2’x2’ for less than $300. So far my only compliant is that my fluorescent fixture stopped working so I had to order a replacement for $30 Also, the thermostat I have is very nice and wasn’t as expensive because it’s not a “reptile” brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MarkL1561 View Post
    If you’re looking for an affordable enclosure look at DYI critter condos. I got mine 4’x2’x2’ for less than $300. So far my only compliant is that my fluorescent fixture stopped working so I had to order a replacement for $30 Also, the thermostat I have is very nice and wasn’t as expensive because it’s not a “reptile” brand.

Thanks I'll definitely look into getting one of those cages soon. Could you guys give me a link for a good Che and a dome? And also a good heat mat? Just wanna make sure I'm getting the right stuff. And would you recommend ordering thm online? Or going to a place like Petco to get them?

Thanks again 😊

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MarkL1561 View Post

That red tail is beautiful btw! How old is he/she?

Thanks

Couple questions about my young red tail

He was born in July 2018 so he’s just a baby, 27” currently. He’s a red pastel BCI boa I got from Perfect Predators.

Here’s a better picture of the enclosure. For the price I think they’re quite nice although I wouldn’t be comfortable stacking them. If you plan on stacking cages, then visions are probably more heavy duty.

Last edited by MarkL1561; 02-25-2019 at 09:03 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Selvis View Post
    Thanks I'll definitely look into getting one of those cages soon. Could you guys give me a link for a good Che and a dome? And also a good heat mat? Just wanna make sure I'm getting the right stuff. And would you recommend ordering thm online? Or going to a place like Petco to get them?

Thanks again
    I’d order online as it’s typically cheaper. Make sure that the snake can not ever touch the che. If he/she is exploring at night and pushes on the screen where the che is severe burns could result. They make brackets that can hold your dome above the screen. I believe I have a zoomed heat mat? I ordered the large size due to the enclosure size but you might need a smaller one. Then look to get a digital thermostat. If you have a temp probe put it below the substrate to monitor temperature to make sure it doesn’t get to hot if your snake burrows. The temp gun is better for surface temps. The thermostat probe goes directly on the heater or you could do it under the substrate as well.

Thanks

Exo Terra Lamp Holder Bracket for Reptiles https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007D1BUJY..._vljDCbQ436QA5
    Exo Terra Mirror Dome Light, 7-Inch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0041OU75O..._BmjDCb2QWQWWA
    Zoo Med ReptiTherm Under Tank Heater, Large https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002AQCLO..._onjDCbG12AHTA
    Century Digital Heat Mat Thermostat Controller for Seed Germination, Reptiles and Brewing, 40-108°F https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01I15S6OM..._hpjDCbWQDF3TA

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234