Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 195

11 members and 184 guests
Most users ever online was 3,642, 05-08-2016 at 08:50 AM.


» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 63,759
Threads: 237,714
Posts: 2,469,053
Top Poster: JLC (31,652)
Welcome to our newest member, pinetrees778
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    BPnet Veteran Ax01's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-14-2015
    Location
    Emerald City
    Posts
    5,683
    Thanks
    2,380
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 3,052 Posts

    How Did Your Proposal Go?

    ok, i was just inspired by FollowTheSun's marriage proposal thread and we're still hot on the heels of Valentine's Day and the Bachelor is on tonight, so i would LOVE to hear about your marriage proposal! did u propose to someone? how did u do it? did someone propose to you? how did they do it? what was the setup? what was the answer?!




    share all your lovey-dovey proposals please.





    Edit: my proposal would have to be on the jumbotron at a football game! plz take note!
    Last edited by Ax01; 02-19-2019 at 05:29 PM.
    ^ Look! My new avatar!!

    Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

    Seaside Serpents & Exotics (SSEx) clutch one, two and three.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

    JRLongton (03-11-2019)

  3. #2
    BPnet Veteran enginee837's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-14-2015
    Posts
    528
    Thanks
    104
    Thanked 481 Times in 250 Posts
    Images: 42

    Re: How Did Your Proposal Go?

    On one of our first dates I took my wife to Red Lobster. While eating I jokingly told her that I would marry the first woman that figured out how to make those cheesy biscuits. Six months later she came over for dinner and sure enough she had a tray of freshly made cheesy biscuits. I already had the ring because it was kind of a family heirloom (stones from my grandmother's ring) so I proposed that night. That was 17 years ago this April.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    1.0 Albino Black Pastel Pinstripe BP "Menolo"
    0.1 Albino Spider BP "Ginger"
    0.1 Black Pastel Het. Albino "Jasmine"

    1.0 Woma python "Stitch"
    0.1 Woma python "Milo"
    0.1 Woma python "Millie"

    1.0 Blackhead Python
    0.1 Blackhead Python
    0.1 Blackhead Python

    1.0 Black South African Boerboel "Midas"
    0.1 Chocolate Lab "Coco"

  4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to enginee837 For This Useful Post:

    Ax01 (02-20-2019),Dianne (03-12-2019),FollowTheSun (02-19-2019),JRLongton (03-11-2019),Sonny1318 (02-20-2019)

  5. #3
    Registered User gunkle's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-05-2008
    Location
    Manchester, Ct
    Posts
    157
    Thanks
    165
    Thanked 83 Times in 57 Posts
    Images: 2
    Was pretty boring but She laughed at me then said yes.
    1 Bearded Dragon
    3 Guinea Pigs
    1 Dog
    2 Cats

    Coming Soon:
    2 Ball Pythons March 31st
    1-2 Crested Geckos March 31st

  6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gunkle For This Useful Post:

    Ax01 (02-20-2019),dakski (02-20-2019),FollowTheSun (02-19-2019),JRLongton (03-11-2019),Sonny1318 (02-20-2019)

  7. #4
    Registered User FollowTheSun's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-15-2018
    Posts
    375
    Thanks
    597
    Thanked 497 Times in 233 Posts

    Re: How Did Your Proposal Go?

    Quote Originally Posted by enginee837 View Post
    On one of our first dates I took my wife to Red Lobster. While eating I jokingly told her that I would marry the first woman that figured out how to make those cheesy biscuits. Six months later she came over for dinner and sure enough she had a tray of freshly made cheesy biscuits. I already had the ring because it was kind of a family heirloom (stones from my grandmother's ring) so I proposed that night. That was 17 years ago this April.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Awwwwww! Good thing you were prepared! I hope you served those at the wedding!

    Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by FollowTheSun; 02-19-2019 at 08:00 PM.
    Our familiy: Noodle the albino ratsnake; Spot the Banana BP, Lucy the massive pinstripe BP, Harold the panther chameleon, Poppy the hedgehog, Bob and Ross the beta fish, Maya the dog, Max and Momo the cats, Tauntaun the Light Brahma Chicken (lives at the high school barn), two teenagers, and a very nice partner, all well-loved and cared for.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to FollowTheSun For This Useful Post:

    enginee837 (02-19-2019)

  9. #5
    Registered User FollowTheSun's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-15-2018
    Posts
    375
    Thanks
    597
    Thanked 497 Times in 233 Posts

    Re: How Did Your Proposal Go?

    Quote Originally Posted by gunkle View Post
    Was pretty boring but She laughed at me then said yes.
    A proposal is never boring!

    Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    Our familiy: Noodle the albino ratsnake; Spot the Banana BP, Lucy the massive pinstripe BP, Harold the panther chameleon, Poppy the hedgehog, Bob and Ross the beta fish, Maya the dog, Max and Momo the cats, Tauntaun the Light Brahma Chicken (lives at the high school barn), two teenagers, and a very nice partner, all well-loved and cared for.

  10. #6
    Registered User Toad37's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-02-2018
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    102
    Thanks
    74
    Thanked 82 Times in 41 Posts

    Re: How Did Your Proposal Go?

    My wife and I have special dates memorized. When we got together, our first kiss, the day we moved in together, ect ect. One evening I asked her to tell me all the dates cuz I "forgot" some. When she finished I said "what about December 9th?" She was like a deer in the headlights thinking she forgot what happened that day (not realizing that was that days date). So she softly asked me what happened that day almost as if she were embarrassed for forgetting. I got down on both knees (because one is too cliche lol) and said " it's the day I asked you to marry me" with the ring in my hand. She was so blindsided that she just looked at me and said "WHAT?!" and I asked if that was her answer! Thankfully it was yes and this July we will be married 5 years.

  11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Toad37 For This Useful Post:

    Ax01 (02-20-2019),Dianne (03-12-2019),JRLongton (03-11-2019),pretends2bnormal (02-20-2019),samsonact (02-20-2019),Sonny1318 (02-20-2019)

  12. #7
    Anti-Thread Necro Patrol
    Join Date
    05-10-2007
    Location
    Columbus, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    3,956
    Thanks
    280
    Thanked 1,109 Times in 661 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images: 51
    I proposed to my wife when she got off the plane in the ATL airport on her way in from her Dad's in Iowa. Had a couple friends there to witness and take pictures.
    - Mason

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MasonC2K For This Useful Post:

    Ax01 (02-20-2019),Sonny1318 (02-20-2019)

  14. #8
    BPnet Veteran Ax01's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-14-2015
    Location
    Emerald City
    Posts
    5,683
    Thanks
    2,380
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 3,052 Posts

    Re: How Did Your Proposal Go?

    Quote Originally Posted by enginee837 View Post
    On one of our first dates I took my wife to Red Lobster. While eating I jokingly told her that I would marry the first woman that figured out how to make those cheesy biscuits. Six months later she came over for dinner and sure enough she had a tray of freshly made cheesy biscuits. I already had the ring because it was kind of a family heirloom (stones from my grandmother's ring) so I proposed that night. That was 17 years ago this April.
    one of the fastest way to the heart is through the stomach.

    Quote Originally Posted by gunkle View Post
    Was pretty boring but She laughed at me then said yes.
    u make her laugh.

    Quote Originally Posted by Toad37 View Post
    My wife and I have special dates memorized. When we got together, our first kiss, the day we moved in together, ect ect. One evening I asked her to tell me all the dates cuz I "forgot" some. When she finished I said "what about December 9th?" She was like a deer in the headlights thinking she forgot what happened that day (not realizing that was that days date). So she softly asked me what happened that day almost as if she were embarrassed for forgetting. I got down on both knees (because one is too cliche lol) and said " it's the day I asked you to marry me" with the ring in my hand. She was so blindsided that she just looked at me and said "WHAT?!" and I asked if that was her answer! Thankfully it was yes and this July we will be married 5 years.
    you should ask her about December 9th again. when she replies "your marriage proposal", you should say what else? and then eventually say "December 9th is also when we got our 2nd snake!" or 3rd or 4th...

    Quote Originally Posted by MasonC2K View Post
    I proposed to my wife when she got off the plane in the ATL airport on her way in from her Dad's in Iowa. Had a couple friends there to witness and take pictures.
    did u have a big poster board sign at the gate? i hope it was a big spectacle and the crowd around u guys clapped.
    ^ Look! My new avatar!!

    Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

    Seaside Serpents & Exotics (SSEx) clutch one, two and three.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

    enginee837 (02-22-2019)

  16. #9
    Anti-Thread Necro Patrol
    Join Date
    05-10-2007
    Location
    Columbus, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    3,956
    Thanks
    280
    Thanked 1,109 Times in 661 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images: 51

    Re: How Did Your Proposal Go?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post

    did u have a big poster board sign at the gate? i hope it was a big spectacle and the crowd around u guys clapped.
    No big sign. But once the crowd saw me go down on the knee they knew what was up. She said yes and cried and celebratory hijinks ensued.
    - Mason

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MasonC2K For This Useful Post:

    Ax01 (02-20-2019),Sonny1318 (02-20-2019)

  18. #10
    BPnet Veteran Ax01's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-14-2015
    Location
    Emerald City
    Posts
    5,683
    Thanks
    2,380
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 3,052 Posts

    Re: How Did Your Proposal Go?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    did u have a big poster board sign at the gate? i hope it was a big spectacle and the crowd around u guys clapped.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasonC2K View Post
    No big sign. But once the crowd saw me go down on the knee they knew what was up. She said yes and cried and celebratory hijinks ensued.
    u mean getting drunk at the airport bar and trying to sneak pass TSA/security to get on a free flight to Jamaica?


    keep the proposal stories coming. we have got peeps to inspire!



    ^ Look! My new avatar!!

    Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

    Seaside Serpents & Exotics (SSEx) clutch one, two and three.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1