Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,277

1 members and 3,276 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Feeding my baby blood python

Yesterday Afternoon I Feed MY Baby Malaysian Blood Python A Small Live Mouse. At First For About An Hour Nothing Happened. Then She Killed The Mouse But Then Left It. I Thought Well Later She Would Go Back And Eat It. I Left It, Haven Seen It Still There In The Plastic Box She's In All Night Long When I Went To Bed. When I Woke Up This Morning It Was Still There. I Have Had Her A Full Month And She Still Won't Eat. The Temp And Humidity Conditions Are Good So Is The Cage Setup So I Just Don't Know Why She Still Won't Eat. I've Tried Both Ways. Dead And Alive Food. Any Answers To Why She Won't Eat?

Thanks

Re: Feeding my baby blood python

Sometimes they just will not eat. But it will eat once it is hungry enough. Maybe an adjustment period to the new enclosure, or going into shed?

Thanks
    Have you tried other prey, rats, chicks, gerbils...?
    1.0 75% SD retic .... 6ft Hector cb17 1.1kg
    0.1 coastal X ij carpet... Hielo cb15 8kg

1.1 crested gecko Vinnie + Mable

Thanks

She Is Small . Anything The Size Of A Real Small Mouse Would I Guess. I Am Limited Because Where I Live I Only Have A Petco And That's It. Nothing Close By. I Don't Understand Why She Killed It And Then Just Left It. She Was Very Active The Night Before I Fed Her.

Thanks

What Is The Adjustment Period For A New Baby Blood Python In Her New Dwelling??? And Why Would She Kill The Mouse After A Few Hours In The Box And Just Leave It???

Thanks
    Thanked 1,538 Times in 1,148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WILDBILL245 View Post
    What Is The Adjustment Period For A New Baby Blood Python In Her New Dwelling??? And Why Would She Kill The Mouse After A Few Hours In The Box And Just Leave It???
    I believe most keepers on here would recommend a couple of weeks for the snake to get used to its new home. And you stated you waited a month, correct? I think it’s a positive sign he struck, and killed the mouse. There is a good chance for whatever reason he was scared or not yet comfortable with his new surroundings. If your husbandry is spot on, I would weight at least a week to try and feed again. Hope this helps, I had a couple of slow starters over the years myself. How’s its weight? Do you have a scale? I don’t remember you stating excact weight and age. Hopefully one of the other regular form members more versed with bloods will also chime in. Good luck!
    1.0 Black Pastel Pinstripe
    1.0 Reduced Pattern Clown
    1.0 Low White Pied
    1.0 Hypo Super Enchi

Thanks

Thanks For Chiming In. She's About 12" Long And She Looks Plump For Her Size. She's Very Tame And Never Has Shown Any Aggression To Me. I Guess She Needs More Time. Surprised Though Because I Have A Small Hollow Log In There And She NEVER Goes In There And Hides. Maybe That Is A Good Thing. I'll Try Next Week And Feed Her Another Small Mouse. I Guess The Color Doesn't Matter. I Did Try Dead Food With Tongs But She Wasn't Interested. Maybe Later On When She's Bigger.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,538 Times in 1,148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WILDBILL245 View Post
    Thanks For Chiming In. She's About 12" Long And She Looks Plump For Her Size. She's Very Tame And Never Has Shown Any Aggression To Me. I Guess She Needs More Time. Surprised Though Because I Have A Small Hollow Log In There And She NEVER Goes In There And Hides. Maybe That Is A Good Thing. I'll Try Next Week And Feed Her Another Small Mouse. I Guess The Color Doesn't Matter. I Did Try Dead Food With Tongs But She Wasn't Interested. Maybe Later On When She's Bigger.
    It’s been discussed on here multiple times, that the hollow log hides are less then ideal. Most provide more than one hide in their set ups. Are you using a rack or a tub or other? That might also help the animal feel more secure and be why she’s not eating.
    1.0 Black Pastel Pinstripe
    1.0 Reduced Pattern Clown
    1.0 Low White Pied
    1.0 Hypo Super Enchi

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonny1318 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (02-22-2019)

Thanks

I Am Using A 16" L x 13" W Plastic Tub. With A Log Hide And A Water Bowl. If I Replaced The Log What Would Be A Good Small Replacement?

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Try looking for a plant pot dish. They come in varying sizes so you should find out that would fits your snake snuggly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast