Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,806

2 members and 2,804 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
    Thanks

Pairing question

Some of you have seen my male coral Glow banana. He's nearly 600 grams now (first Pic). I'm thinking of picking up a female citrus pastel (2nd Pic) from a local breeder. Once they are ready, I'd like to try and mate them. Do Yall think this would make a good combo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts
    personally i have not been Wow'ed by any Pastel Banana's/CG's. they're not drastically different from a base Banana/CG and often alotta owners will come on the forum to confirm they have a Pastel Banana's/CG's b/c they can be challenging to tell apart to the novice. also IMO that Citrus Pastel girl is already showing heavy browning at 519grams.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

Lord Sorril (02-21-2019)

Thanks

Re: Pairing question

Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    personally i have not been Wow'ed by any Pastel Banana's/CG's. they're not drastically different from a base Banana/CG and often alotta owners will come on the forum to confirm they have a Pastel Banana's/CG's b/c they can be challenging to tell apart to the novice. also IMO that Citrus Pastel girl is already showing heavy browning at 519grams.
    Thanks for the reply. What does the heavy browning mean? Should I not purchase her?

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    You are gonna make Pastel Banana which are pretty common, a pastel is a pastel is a pastel no one cares about pastel lines anymore because most of them out there have been cross into one another.

Pastel Banana are pretty easy to pick out when they hatch.
    Deborah Stewart

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bigkrash View Post
    Thanks for the reply. What does the heavy browning mean? Should I not purchase her?
    Pastels start out as yellow but many tend to brown out over age. look at the top of the alien head pattern. it's no longer a vibrant yellow but it's becoming increasingly dull or speckled brown. some hold their yellows better, some turn brown, some turn into something in between. it's up to u if u wanna purchase her. we always tell peeps to buy and work w/ what they like but it is also recommended to try to breed the best genes/looking snakes. just remember, if u breed u have to be responsible as all the babies will need homes.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

Bigkrash (02-19-2019)

Thanks

Pastels start out as yellow but many tend to brown out over age. look at the top of the alien head pattern. it's no longer a vibrant yellow but it's becoming increasingly dull or speckled brown. some hold their yellows better, some turn brown, some turn into something in between. it's up to u if u wanna purchase her. we always tell peeps to buy and work w/ what they like but it is also recommended to try to breed the best genes/looking snakes. just remember, if u breed u have to be responsible as all the babies will need homes.
    Thanks for clearing that up. I'm not sure what to do. Maybe I'll just hold off and find something else. I just don't have a clue as to what to pair him with.

Thanks

What do you think about her? She is a female pastel lesser het Gstripe

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bigkrash For This Useful Post:

the_rotten1 (02-21-2019)

Thanks

Black Pastel would be hot though

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bigkrash View Post
    What do you think about her? She is a female pastel lesser het Gstripe
    ah i saw in the Picture forum you already purchased her. i'm glad that you are happy w/ her.

if u were to breed, 1) breed/create what u like and 2) have a plan or vision and know your end goal. if i were to pop in here or responded earlier, i woulda recommended u go on Morph Market and browse the Banana combo's and pick up a female BP that would get you there. like this: https://www.morphmarket.com/us/c/rep...sort=lg&page=1 u don't have to be in a rush to pickup the nearest, most available snake when the options are endless.

her being het G-Stripe u can get some nice kiddo's IMO, but u need a matching boy. i have a Banana G-Stripe boy and u can preview the potential here: https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...ntine-s-New-BP!

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jobobo View Post
    Black Pastel would be hot though
    those are simple but beautiful combos. i love this clutch another breeder just hatched here: https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...stel-het-pieds
    Last edited by Ax01; 02-21-2019 at 03:24 PM.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

Bigkrash (02-21-2019)

Thanks

Thanks for the info. I thought about another banana at first, but really didn't want 2 of them. I'm happy with her and can't wait until the day comes to pair the 2 of them together