Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,841

1 members and 2,840 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

stuff to do in florida

hey yall so im moving to florida in a few months, and im sure theres some people on here from there, what is some fun stuff to do in florida? herp and non herp related!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    When I'm really bored I like to stand outside until I get really sweaty... Then I walk inside and count how many bug bites I have on me. Getting sweaty is just like a timer so you know how long to wait on the bugs keep score so you can compete with your family! If you want a little more challenge then you can also KILL as many mosquitoes as possible for more points!

I like fishing and just spending time on the beach. I'm pretty boring so you will have to wait on others to find more things to do

I'm in Jacksonville, where will you be moving?

Thanks

Re: stuff to do in florida

Quote Originally Posted by SquirmyPug View Post
    When I'm really bored I like to stand outside until I get really sweaty... Then I walk inside and count how many bug bites I have on me. Getting sweaty is just like a timer so you know how long to wait on the bugs keep score so you can compete with your family! If you want a little more challenge then you can also KILL as many mosquitoes as possible for more points!

I like fishing and just spending time on the beach. I'm pretty boring so you will have to wait on others to find more things to do

I'm in Jacksonville, where will you be moving?
    yeah about the whole bug thing... is there any like floridian trick to use to protect against bugs? im gonna be working in construction mid summer and ive heard the bugs are a nightmare

also, just a bit down the coast in between melbourne and cocoa beach

Thanks
    Thanked 4,897 Times in 2,992 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by baldegale View Post
    hey yall so im moving to florida in a few months, and im sure theres some people on here from there, what is some fun stuff to do in florida? herp and non herp related!

Disney

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Disney

gonna be about 45 mins from disney! im sure its gonna get old fast

Thanks

yeah about the whole bug thing... is there any like floridian trick to use to protect against bugs? im gonna be working in construction mid summer and ive heard the bugs are a nightmare
    Work faster so you can go inside! With gnats and mosquitoes bug spray can help a little but I almost never use it. The best thing to do is to keep moving. If you stand still they will be all over you. Sometimes they are so bad just getting in your vehicle will let tons of them in with you. My tip is to turn the AC up all the way, once it gets cold they quit flying around so you can relax.

Now for the biting flies (yellow flies and horse flies) there's not much you can do but be ready to hit them before they bite. Pay attention to anything landing on you because they are quick and the bite stays for days.

Be careful in the heat if you're from somewhere cooler. I work outside everyday and still have trouble with the heat sometimes.

Thanks

stuff to do in florida

I live in central Florida lol literally like 15 mins from Disney. I don’t do much with the attractions here considering I’ve lived here for almost 30 years everything got old lol. If I’m not working in tending to my zoo of 33 animals or playing FFXIV

Last edited by Aerries; 02-17-2019 at 06:09 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,897 Times in 2,992 Posts

gonna be about 45 mins from disney! im sure its gonna get old fast

My son and his wife both work in Disney so we get on to all the parks free and don’t have to queue ... guess that makes a massive difference to ‘the’ experience

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

baldegale (02-17-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SquirmyPug View Post
    Work faster so you can go inside! With gnats and mosquitoes bug spray can help a little but I almost never use it. The best thing to do is to keep moving. If you stand still they will be all over you. Sometimes they are so bad just getting in your vehicle will let tons of them in with you. My tip is to turn the AC up all the way, once it gets cold they quit flying around so you can relax.

Now for the biting flies (yellow flies and horse flies) there's not much you can do but be ready to hit them before they bite. Pay attention to anything landing on you because they are quick and the bite stays for days.

Be careful in the heat if you're from somewhere cooler. I work outside everyday and still have trouble with the heat sometimes.
    fortunately the heat doesn’t bother me, ive lived in ohio where the heat gets to about 99-100 with 100% humidity and ive also lived in tennessee where the temps easily clear 100+ with usually around 75% humidity

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aerries View Post
    I live in central Florida lol literally like 15 mins from Disney. I don’t do much with the attractions here considering I’ve lived here for almost 30 years everything got old lol. If I’m not working in tending to my zoo of 33 animals or playing FFXIV

tbh i was more looking for some stuff like any reptile zoos (besides your house) or any cool reptile stores or something of the like!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast