Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 904

0 members and 904 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
    Thanks

I've fallen in love

Hello all! This is my second post here. First was all my questions . I'm a first time snake owner and really do6nt have any experience with them. I've been researching for months about these guys, and have probably watched every YouTube video. But, for someone like me I still don't think it enough. I reached out to several breeders that I knew were going to reptico next month which is where I originally was going to get my snake from.

Well yesterday I made the grand choice of visiting a shop that carried the possible BP so you know, I could see how they were in person, handle one, ask all the questions I had. Not rush. Etc. Well.... I fell in love. She was incredibly relaxed, very "friendly", and pretty active. With BELs some of their eyes freaked me out and hers were perfect. Granted I had no intentions of bring home a snake, or buying one until next month.

But my thing was, here I am with what seems to be my perfect first snake. Everything I want as far as traits, she is active, curious, gentle. I could leave her, wait another month to hopefully find a snake with all those traits at the expo... while I was there I picked up another and was very tense. You could tell he wasn't thrilled by me handling and i was very nervous handling him.... longer story short. I bought her and pick her up in a few days.

Here is her tank! Please feel free to comment your thoughts and ideas. I used the hydrometer that came with my apartment and the humidity stays around 50 to 65% and that's with no heat element. I haven't yet turned on her heat mat.

Thoughts?

The blue light looks very bright, but it's very dim in person.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Theflyingyogi For This Useful Post:

Dianne (02-16-2019),RickyNY (02-16-2019)

Thanks

Re: I've fallen in love

She's beautiful and her tank looks great. It's easy to fall in love with one of these BPs

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jellybeans For This Useful Post:

Theflyingyogi (02-16-2019)