Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 860

0 members and 860 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,106 Times in 1,195 Posts

Need help with this ID

The breeder I got him from did not breed him. He was told “Leopard Pastel Orange Dream”
    I’m definitely not seeing orange Dream. The pastel I’m not so sure since there is no faded head and no light green eyes. I have a leopard pastel adult and she has a much light faded head, light green eyes and even lighter coloring.
    The best guess I have is that it is a
    LEOPARD HET RED AXANTHIC.

I could see it being leopard pastel, but with no pastel head markings, darker eyes and the patterning having more “rings” like an HRA, I have my doubts.

Thoughts?

For contrast... here is my other leopard pastel <BELOW>

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Godzilla78; 02-12-2019 at 10:49 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts
    i think your guy is just a Leo Pastel. u gotta look at how the colors age - looking at how it changes up from the belly shows a mature Pastel. also the eyes are not normal - u can clearly distinguish the iris. so it's probably just darker green eyes or the boy is going into shed. there's no OD. OD is an enhancer, but crazy enough - it also changes the pattern in Leo. IMO i think guessing HRA is a stretch b/c Leo's naturally have "rings" and keyholes and the HRA would have more impact on the pattern by enlongating and narrowing isntead of what's currently visual.

i think this Leo Pastel is within the normal variation of the morph. some a have better blushing, colors, patterns (tho this is subjective), etc. maybe u can breed this pair and get some Killer Super Leopards! (Super Pastel Super Leo's)
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

AbsoluteApril (02-14-2019),Alicia (02-14-2019),Godzilla78 (02-13-2019),Kira (02-14-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,106 Times in 1,195 Posts

Re: Need help with this ID

Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    i think your guy is just a Leo Pastel. u gotta look at how the colors age - looking at how it changes up from the belly shows a mature Pastel. also the eyes are not normal - u can clearly distinguish the iris. so it's probably just darker green eyes or the boy is going into shed. there's no OD. OD is an enhancer, but crazy enough - it also changes the pattern in Leo. IMO i think guessing HRA is a stretch b/c Leo's naturally have "rings" and keyholes and the HRA would have more impact on the pattern by enlongating and narrowing isntead of what's currently visual.

i think this Leo Pastel is within the normal variation of the morph. some a have better blushing, colors, patterns (tho this is subjective), etc. maybe u can breed this pair and get some Killer Super Leopards! (Super Pastel Super Leo's)
    Im leaning that way myself, but it’s definitely a strange version! My other one looks classic pastel leopard, and this one has very noticeable differences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BPnet Senior Member Lord Sorril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,197 Times in 1,091 Posts

Re: Need help with this ID

With no info provided: I would guess a Pastel Calico + 1 gene.
    *.* TNTC

BPnet Senior Member AbsoluteApril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,605 Times in 1,296 Posts
    I'm also seeing a funky pastel leopard but not an expert at all. I deff agree with Ax tho and see pastel in the coloration and the bottom half of the eyes look green to me.

I do not see calico at all.
    For the Horde!