Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,876

0 members and 2,876 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,179 Times in 575 Posts

Re: Does it ever end?

That's a good way to look at things. My mom is of a similar view on snakes (possibly slowly changing...), so I can't imagine living with that level of negativity about it day in and day out.

I didn't get my first snake until well after I had bought my house, so I'm free and clear on cohabitation (humans) with anyone who dislikes snakes/reptiles or issues with landlords aside from city/state regulations, my husband is on board with them, and we are in a position where we have discretionary income, no plans to have kids to take up that income, and plenty of time to enjoy the animals. I probably have one or two that I picked up from impatience with wanting more, but I don't regret them at all and knew what I was getting into on their husbandry before I made the purchase.

We are approaching what I'd say is my limit, but I don't have a number in mind for a hard stop. I am more trying to balance the variety and effort of keeping track of that. 1 more ball python on top of my current 6 isn't as much work as a new species or something larger like a boa, so a hard number doesn't make sense for my situation.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybeans View Post
    For me yes.
    I have had animals in my care for decades. Loved them all and love my current ones dearly. BUT I plan on not being as obligated in years to come so that I can travel and be away from home for a bit.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
    That痴 why I love reptiles. I have three big sulcata torts too, and I love them because I can leave and not worrie about them so much. Just have someone come by and make sure they are alive and have water every few days.

Btw u talk like ur 80 years old in the last few posts u have made. U feeling old this time of year?? Age is just a number btw. I知 only 33 but I feel like I知 15! I知 young at heart!

Thanks

I feel 80 sometimes !
    But yeah having a snake I could leave it a week with no worries but I would worry anyway. I've had several opportunities to go somewhere for a few days or a week but I can't because of my 4 dogs
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger noodles View Post
    That痴 why I love reptiles. I have three big sulcata torts too, and I love them because I can leave and not worrie about them so much. Just have someone come by and make sure they are alive and have water every few days.

Btw u talk like ur 80 years old in the last few posts u have made. U feeling old this time of year?? Age is just a number btw. I知 only 33 but I feel like I知 15! I知 young at heart!
    Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jellybeans; 02-14-2019 at 05:55 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12