Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,901

1 members and 2,900 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

Bumping up temps in a tub

Hi y’all! I am currently keeping my 7 month old female boa in a 32 qt tub (24” L x 17” W x 6.5” H). How long can I keep her in a tub before having to spring for a large AP or Boaphile enclosure?

Also, how do you bump up the ambient temp in a tub? I have a hot spot of 88 by an UTH controlled by a thermostat, but due to this ridiculously cold winter in NY, my apartment is freezing and her ambient temp is only 72. How can I bump this up? Would you recommend getting another UTH and thermostat to bump up the ambient temp? Thanks in advance for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Re: Bumping up temps in a tub

It can be tricky to fix ambient temps in a tub if the room temperature is low. While a second UTH would be great for increasing the belly heat on the cool end (which will also drop when ambient temp is low), it will not do anything for the ambient temps.

The easiest fix is to use an oil heater to warm up the entire room, but if this isn't possible, the next best option would be to set up a ceramic heat emitter for the tub. There is a very thorough tutorial on how to do that here: http://rainbowsnakes.tumblr.com/post...ial-part-three

As for how long the boa can stay in the tub I'm not sure as I don't have any experience with that, but I'm sure someone else will be able to help you!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luvyna For This Useful Post:

dakski (02-03-2019),Jessibelle (02-03-2019)