Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,077

4 members and 2,073 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
    Thanks

Red face Baby blood python

To All You Blood Python Owners I Have A Question. I Have A Baby Blood I Have Had For Three Weeks Now. I've Got Her In A Small Plastic Tub With A Small Water Bowl, A Hide And Repti Bark For The Floor. Temp Is Right But My Problem Is She Won't Take The Dead Hooper Mouse I Give Her. I Called The Place That I Bought Her Last Week ( OUTBACK REPTILES ) And Told The Rep And He Said Leave Her Alone And Try This Week. I Did Yesterday But She Wasn't Interested. I Used Tongs And Did The Right Things But She Still Wasn't Interested. I Was Wondering If For A While I Should Try Feeding A LIVE MOUSE. I Don't Know If She Can Eat A Small Mouse Or If I Can Get Live Hooper Mice. The Problem Is I Only Have One Store In Town And That Is Petco. Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    When you say temps are right, what are they? Bloods don't like as high of temps as ball pythons, for example. Ambient should be around 80, with a hot spot no higher than 85. I know it's in a tub, but don't see what size. If it's not a 6 qt, I would move it into one. The shoebox size seems too small to a lot of people, but it often gets babies feeding. Be sure the food is warmed, not just room temp. I always offer food in the evening, when they are naturally more active and leave it in overnight if they don't take it right away. If all else fails, I would go ahead and offer a live small adult mouse in the evening. I wouldn't leave it in unattended, though.

Thanks

Red face Blood python

Thanks For The Advice. Temp Is Right And Plastic Box Is 15L" x 13W" Inches So Not To Big. I Will Try The Frozen Again And Leave Overnight. If It Fails I Will Try The Small Live Mouse. Thanks.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    That's big for a baby. I would move it into a shoebox sized container - they are around 12" x 8"