Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,689

0 members and 1,689 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2

Thread: Dav Kaufman

Thanks

Dav Kaufman

https://youtu.be/hexYlzxgqMc

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
    I like this guy and he's easy on the eyes too
    Last edited by Jellybeans; 02-08-2019 at 09:56 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jellybeans For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (02-09-2019),richardhind1972 (02-09-2019)

BPnet Senior Member richardhind1972's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,173 Times in 3,204 Posts

Re: Dav Kaufman

I really think his videos are great the new one this week on boas was really great

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to richardhind1972 For This Useful Post:

cletus (02-09-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,986 Times in 1,247 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by richardhind1972 View Post
    I really think his videos are great the new one this week on boas was really great

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk
    Yeah it was. I like his Vlogs when he travels. Good stuff.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cletus For This Useful Post:

richardhind1972 (02-09-2019)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Yes indeed, Dav Kaufman ROCKS!!!! His videos are very informative and I learn everytime watching him. This last one on BCI vs BCC was great. It made me stop to think just what he said, "Are we as boa owners keeping our boas correctly?" I also think another person that puts out very good videos is Emily with Snake Discovery channel.
    Back in the day, Brian with Snake Bytes used to have good videos too. But he has gotten away from all that and now his videos are very boring. Now they are all about..lookie what I have...or lookie what I did! Who cares Brian!!! And your reptile substrate isnt that good either!!! ... Oops sorry! I got carried away there for a second. But seriously, his videos used to teach people some interesting things.. Just my 2 cents

Thanks
    Thanked 19,787 Times in 11,824 Posts
    I'll be the bad "guy" here...this (above) is the first video I've watched of his, & I had the same objection with the late Steve Irwin: yes, this is interesting
    stuff, very educational & pro-reptile, BUT WHY do these guys talk about how rare a species is, and then proceed to handle & handle & handle (ie. STRESS)
    the only super rare specimen they come across? WHY??? This is harmful when there's only a few remaining...don't we ALL know better than to do this?
    -even with a new pet? I can remember Steve Irwin capturing some that were illegal for "anyone" to take, & I always thought he sent the wrong message,
    even if (or when?) there was a later comment to the effect that it was released...and guess how difficult it is to release a creature right where you found it?
    Did he do that? I'm doubtful...and even IF you assume the "best" case scenario, the fact that it wasn't made clear is why I objected to his sensationalism
    of our hobby. OK, bring on the "hate"... but I just wish our charming herp-explorers would "practice what they preach"; if an animal is rare & practically
    unknown, then get over your egotistical self, take photos from a respectful & harmless distance INSTEAD of man-handling the poor terrified creatures.
    Sending the wrong message to all the kids watching (not to mention all the adult "hunter-gatherers" out there) is not going to save species for the long run.

Please just think about the message being sent...not the words, but the deeds. Hype sells, respect doesn't... Rant over, & yes, I'm judging Dav Kaufman
    from this one video...might not be fair, but I don't think his actions were fair either, not to the lizard...my 2 cents.

Thanks

I don't feel the lizard was harmed physically or emotionally ...it may be more leery when it sees a human coming but that's the extent of it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    I'll be the bad "guy" here...this (above) is the first video I've watched of his, & I had the same objection with the late Steve Irwin: yes, this is interesting
    stuff, very educational & pro-reptile, BUT WHY do these guys talk about how rare a species is, and then proceed to handle & handle & handle (ie. STRESS)
    the only super rare specimen they come across? WHY??? This is harmful when there's only a few remaining...don't we ALL know better than to do this?
    -even with a new pet? I can remember Steve Irwin capturing some that were illegal for "anyone" to take, & I always thought he sent the wrong message,
    even if (or when?) there was a later comment to the effect that it was released...and guess how difficult it is to release a creature right where you found it?
    Did he do that? I'm doubtful...and even IF you assume the "best" case scenario, the fact that it wasn't made clear is why I objected to his sensationalism
    of our hobby. OK, bring on the "hate"... but I just wish our charming herp-explorers would "practice what they preach"; if an animal is rare & practically
    unknown, then get over your egotistical self, take photos from a respectful & harmless distance INSTEAD of man-handling the poor terrified creatures.
    Sending the wrong message to all the kids watching (not to mention all the adult "hunter-gatherers" out there) is not going to save species for the long run.

Please just think about the message being sent...not the words, but the deeds. Hype sells, respect doesn't... Rant over, & yes, I'm judging Dav Kaufman
    from this one video...might not be fair, but I don't think his actions were fair either, not to the lizard...my 2 cents.
    Dang girl....tell how you REALLY feel. Lol!

Last edited by Jellybeans; 02-10-2019 at 04:29 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jellybeans For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (02-11-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,787 Times in 11,824 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybeans View Post
    I don't feel the lizard was harmed physically or emotionally ...it may be more leery when it sees a human coming but that's the extent of it

See the thing is, wildlife is generally living on the "edge"...they don't have a cushy life. Many things that we do innocently & enthusiastically with good "intentions" can
    cause them harm, even death...just like when people chase deer in the mountains when they ride snow-mobiles. And there was no good reason for him to handle that
    rare lizard. You cannot always "see" the harm done...it happens later.