Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,824

0 members and 2,824 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,101 Times in 460 Posts

Vacation to Sante Fe (pic heavy)

So I decided to surprise my partner with a trip to Santa Fe to see MeowWolf, this was his big Christmas gift. Well by our bad luck MeowWolf was closed for upgrades!!! I didn't even think to check the website for this before we left.

But we made the best of it. We rented a fancy car, and I rented us a yurt on a llama farm and that was a lot of fun. We always try to find some wacky or interesting place to stay on our adventures. We did an Adventure Quest which is like a scavenger hunt around the city and we tied for first place all-around score! And we saw a lot of neat things in the process of the quest. Then we were tired and cold, so ee went to the movie about Ruth Bader Ginsburg which was a good movie, made me cry in the end. And then my boyfriend surprised me with a trip to the spa where we got to soak before going home, because honestly the mattresses in the yurt were pretty darn uncomfortable and we were both sore from that and from our adventure quest. The food was good, too!

And yes that's me knitting a sock in the hot tub! There's a running joke that I can knit anywhere. We have photos of me knitting at bars, concerts, and other places. So this was one to add to the collection.

We will try again to go to MeowWolf in the fall because it will be just a little bit out of the way of our road trip to drop my daughter off to college in Chicago.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by FollowTheSun; 02-04-2019 at 11:56 AM.
    2 BP's, one ratsnake, 2 dogs, 3 cats, 2 small caged birds, 7 chickens, and a toddler in a pear tree

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FollowTheSun For This Useful Post:

Lord Sorril (02-04-2019),richardhind1972 (02-04-2019)

BPnet Senior Member Lord Sorril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,197 Times in 1,091 Posts

Re: Vacation to Sante Fe (pic heavy)

Thanks for Sharing! This reminds me how much I really need a vacation...

Since you have an interest in art: Did you pickup any interesting souvenirs in your trip? And what is the story with the last photo?
    *.* TNTC

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lord Sorril For This Useful Post:

FollowTheSun (02-04-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Sorril View Post
    Thanks for Sharing! This reminds me how much I really need a vacation...

Since you have an interest in art: Did you pickup any interesting souvenirs in your trip? And what is the story with the last photo?
    Yeah I was pretty proud of our budget for as much as we did-- discount tickets purchased 2 months in advance, airbnb yurt (cheaper than local hotels/lodging), car upgrade, one good meal per day, etc. A vacation really does wonders -- the planning and anticipation, and then the experience-- even when things don't go right it's still a good story and you find other stuff to do.

The last pic-- that's the ceiling of the yurt. It was neat staying in one. It was like the Tardis-- much bigger on the inside than it looked from outside.

My daughter is the artist of the family, but we enjoy seeing art. My partner is a volunteer DJ for a locally run alternative rock station, and we enjoy supporting local artists. MeowWolf was something he talked about from the time we met so it was a bummer that we picked the 2 week window when it was closed to go see it! My daughter got into a good art school-- and I normally would be skeptical of a child choosing that as a future career, but I think she will make it. She has a career started already as a graphic designer, too.

No souvenirs-- just memories and photos!
    Last edited by FollowTheSun; 02-04-2019 at 12:31 PM.
    2 BP's, one ratsnake, 2 dogs, 3 cats, 2 small caged birds, 7 chickens, and a toddler in a pear tree

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FollowTheSun For This Useful Post:

Lord Sorril (02-04-2019)

Thanks

Some of my daughter's pieces

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by FollowTheSun; 02-04-2019 at 12:32 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FollowTheSun For This Useful Post:

Lord Sorril (02-04-2019)