Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,951

1 members and 2,950 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Thanks

Re: First Ball Python - Albino Mojave

Quote Originally Posted by RedRabbit View Post
    Out of curiosity, I actually texted Iggy's breeder recently to ask if he still had the Cinnamon Ghost and what he looks like now. As it turns out, that one was also sold a while back, but the breeder said I might have dodged a bullet there, since the Cinnamon Ghost was apparently a really grumpy, snappy little guy, haha!

I'm delighted that you have a photo of Noodle's clutch too! There are few things I love more than seeing "baby pictures" of our pets, lol. Noodle had a beautiful mixed bag of siblings, didn't he? Is that a Cherry Bomb I spy at the top? (And that little dark-colored one is just fully balled-up and waiting for things to quiet down, too cute.) Noodle himself looks SO different in each of his "phases," but I confess that I like his current look the best. Can't believe he's a year old already!

If you were to pick a different snake species to keep alongside Noodle, what would you consider?
    Too bad we don't get to see how the Cinnamon Ghost brother looks now, nice to know he has a home though! They really all have their own personalities, Iggy looks like a calm and sweet BP but I guess his brother is a more fiery one

Thank you! I like Noodle's current "phase" best too

I love seeing the hatchling photos too, really cool to see how they change as they grow. Yes, that is a Cherry Bomb! She was long gone by the time I found Noodle of course. The Lucy pair in Noodle's clutch was really gorgeous:

If I were to get a different snake species I'd probably go for a diurnal species that I could hopefully see active in the enclosure more often haha. Corn snakes, hognoses, and garters are super interesting to me! I think I love BPs best though so it's most likely that any future snake I get will be a pied ball python.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Luvyna View Post
    Too bad we don't get to see how the Cinnamon Ghost brother looks now, nice to know he has a home though! They really all have their own personalities, Iggy looks like a calm and sweet BP but I guess his brother is a more fiery one

Thank you! I like Noodle's current "phase" best too

I love seeing the hatchling photos too, really cool to see how they change as they grow. Yes, that is a Cherry Bomb! She was long gone by the time I found Noodle of course. The Lucy pair in Noodle's clutch was really gorgeous:

If I were to get a different snake species I'd probably go for a diurnal species that I could hopefully see active in the enclosure more often haha. Corn snakes, hognoses, and garters are super interesting to me! I think I love BPs best though so it's most likely that any future snake I get will be a pied ball python.
    Beautiful babies! I'll bet the breeder was so proud of that clutch.

Those all sound like really fun choices for colubrid snakes. Have you seen California red-sided gartner snakes? Just amazing-looking creatures! I think the pythons and boas have my heart, though. I'm pretty happy with my two BPs, but a couple more years down the line and with more experience under my belt, I could see myself looking into getting a boa constrictor. There are a couple of BCIs listed on MorphMarket right now that I check on every month or two while sighing wistfully, haha.
    Ball Pythons:
    2018 Cinnamon Enchi Ghost - Ignis ("Iggy")
    2018 Butter Mojave BEL - Ravus ("Rae")
    2022 Albino Super Lesser - Cyrus ("Cy")

Boa Imperator:
    2018 Hypo Blood - Genesis ("Gen")
    2019 IMG Motley - Requiem ("Q")
    2019 Sharp Blizzard - Elysium ("Elys")

Iggy&Rae on Instagram:
    https://www.instagram.com/iggy_and_rae

Thanks

Beautiful babies! I'll bet the breeder was so proud of that clutch.

Those all sound like really fun choices for colubrid snakes. Have you seen California red-sided gartner snakes? Just amazing-looking creatures! I think the pythons and boas have my heart, though. I'm pretty happy with my two BPs, but a couple more years down the line and with more experience under my belt, I could see myself looking into getting a boa constrictor. There are a couple of BCIs listed on MorphMarket right now that I check on every month or two while sighing wistfully, haha.
    California red-sided garter snakes are so beautiful, their colours are just out of this world! Boa constrictors are awesome, I've heard so many great things about their temperaments and I love how it looks like they have cross-shaped eyes and those cute mustaches. Probably my second favourite snake aesthetic and personality-wise, although just a bit too big for me to be comfortable with owning at this point. I think I saw another thread that you actually got a boa, how is that going so far?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Luvyna For This Useful Post:

RedRabbit (08-10-2019)

Thanks

Long overdue update about Noodle! Half of the photos on my phone are of him but I've just been too lazy to sort out the halfway decent ones. He's now 363g empty, and he had a nice shed a few weeks ago. His blue phase only lasted 1-2 days and after he cleared up he didn't shed for more than a few days (he usually sheds within 24-48 hrs) so I started to wonder if he wasn't really in shed and took him out to have a closer look. Then he started to shed in my hands, which was amazing to witness! Now I have a very clean, perfect shed that doesn't even have any cypress mulch debris in it.

When Noodle was smaller, he liked to hide under my hand for security when I took him out. He's a bit too big for that now, but that doesn't stop him from trying.

Found him like this when I lifted his hide a month back. He seems to like to sleep in what I call the "cinnamon bun" pose. My neck hurts just looking at it though lol

Noodle being cute in a blanket

It finally got warm enough to try taking Noodle outside in July. Turns out he hates grass with a passion and wants nothing to do with it, haha. I tried to lower him onto the grass and he started frantically trying to climb up my arm.
    Last edited by Luvyna; 08-06-2019 at 06:34 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Luvyna For This Useful Post:

Bodie (08-08-2019)

Thanks
    very cool looking combo!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ShiffyAME For This Useful Post:

Luvyna (08-12-2019)

Thanks
    Gosh, those blanket photos of Noodle are SO cute. I just love the color of his eyes - reminds me of grapefruit, or a lighter variety of pomegranate seed. And that's incredible that he started shedding while you were holding him in your hands! Such a flawless shed, too. I hope that my snakes will let me witness something like that someday.

You are correct, I did cave and get a boa recently! Rather sooner than I thought I would, but I have zero regrets, haha. He's absolutely marvelous, and it's really fun to see how different he is from my BPs, both physically and in terms of personality. His first full set of photos is over in the boa section of the forum - https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...ression-thread! - but below are a couple of them!

If you feel like boas would be a good fit for you if their adult size wasn't so prohibitive, then you might be interested in looking into the boa localities that tend to stay smaller! Genesis, for example, is a Hypo Blood, and the Blood boas tend to be smaller because their origin is Central American. Supposedly, the males in particular are unlikely to ever exceed 4-5 feet, and they grow very slowly - much slower than ball pythons. If I recall correctly, Hog Island boas also max out quite comparatively small.
    Ball Pythons:

Boa Imperator:

Iggy&Rae on Instagram:

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RedRabbit For This Useful Post:

Luvyna (08-12-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ShiffyAME View Post
    very cool looking combo!
    Thank you!

Gosh, those blanket photos of Noodle are SO cute. I just love the color of his eyes - reminds me of grapefruit, or a lighter variety of pomegranate seed. And that's incredible that he started shedding while you were holding him in your hands! Such a flawless shed, too. I hope that my snakes will let me witness something like that someday.

You are correct, I did cave and get a boa recently! Rather sooner than I thought I would, but I have zero regrets, haha. He's absolutely marvelous, and it's really fun to see how different he is from my BPs, both physically and in terms of personality. His first full set of photos is over in the boa section of the forum - https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...ression-thread! - but below are a couple of them!

If you feel like boas would be a good fit for you if their adult size wasn't so prohibitive, then you might be interested in looking into the boa localities that tend to stay smaller! Genesis, for example, is a Hypo Blood, and the Blood boas tend to be smaller because their origin is Central American. Supposedly, the males in particular are unlikely to ever exceed 4-5 feet, and they grow very slowly - much slower than ball pythons. If I recall correctly, Hog Island boas also max out quite comparatively small.
    Thanks I used to think Noodle's eyes looked like little cranberries but grapefruit and light pomegranate are even more accurate, I think. Seeing him shed was really amazing, it's not something I get to witness usually, since he sheds in the middle of the night.

I've gotta hop on over to that progression thread and check out all the photos! Your boa is SO beautiful, that colour is really rich and stunning. I will also look into Blood boas and Hog Island boas, they sound promising

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Luvyna For This Useful Post:

RedRabbit (08-17-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Luvyna View Post
    Thank you!

Thanks I used to think Noodle's eyes looked like little cranberries but grapefruit and light pomegranate are even more accurate, I think. Seeing him shed was really amazing, it's not something I get to witness usually, since he sheds in the middle of the night.

I've gotta hop on over to that progression thread and check out all the photos! Your boa is SO beautiful, that colour is really rich and stunning. I will also look into Blood boas and Hog Island boas, they sound promising
    Actually, I could see the cranberries comparison being very fitting too, especially in lower lighting conditions! Noodle is a pretty, pretty boy, regardless of the fruit.

And thank you! Gosh, if you ever decided to get a boa, that'd be so nifty! But at the same time, you could always just keep Noodle as your one and only, and spoil him rotten.
    Ball Pythons:

Boa Imperator:

Iggy&Rae on Instagram:

14. The Following User Says Thank You to RedRabbit For This Useful Post:

Luvyna (08-18-2019)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234