Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,405

1 members and 1,404 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,101 Times in 460 Posts

Re: First Ball Python - Albino Mojave

Yes it's fun to have them climb in your sleeves for sure! My favorite thing is to wear a bathrobe with the waist cinched and my snakes love to climb in-and-out of the sleeves and the waist cinch holds them in place inside if they choose to hide.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    2 BP's, one ratsnake, 2 dogs, 3 cats, 2 small caged birds, 7 chickens, and a toddler in a pear tree

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ShawarmaPoutine View Post
    The yellows are not as bright but this looks rather similar.
    I think I might have missed something, I'm assuming there was a photo in your post but if so I can't see it

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    It has been quite a few years since I saw this, but there was a tutorial out there to modify pvc pipe into a more naturalistic look. The guy used a torch to heat the pvc pipe so it could be twisted and bent. The flame changed the pipe to a brownish color and I believe it was then stained or painted. The very ends were left unchanged so they could be smoothly mounted into brackets on the sides of the cage. It ended up looking like branches or heavy vines, but was very easy to clean and didn’t mold.
    That's a really cool idea! I'm constantly amazed at the creative things people come up with for enclosure setups.

Quote Originally Posted by FollowTheSun View Post
    Yes it's fun to have them climb in your sleeves for sure! My favorite thing is to wear a bathrobe with the waist cinched and my snakes love to climb in-and-out of the sleeves and the waist cinch holds them in place inside if they choose to hide.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    That sounds really cute! I'm sure they appreciate the hiding space. I think mine is still a bit shy and insecure about being out in the open when I take him out of his enclosure, so he always tries to find a dark, warm place to hide, which makes sleeves perfect for him.

Thanks

Haven't updated in a while! Noodle is now 250g and he's been eating rats for more than a month I feel so lucky that he's such a great eater, didn't have to deal with scenting or anything like that. I just offered him a F/T rat and he took to it right away. Noodle also had his second shed with me last week, everything came off in one piece and eye caps and tail tip are all accounted for. Here are the latest pics of him with his shiny new skin:

And here are some older pics of him since I have a bit of a backlog that I never posted here:

Noodle doing the Ouroboros pose. I think he was trying to find the entrance but he missed it lol

This one is from quite a while back, maybe 2-3 months ago. Found Noodle like this when I lifted his hide, what a cutie! One of my favourite things about ball pythons is how they look like cinnamon buns when they curl up

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Luvyna For This Useful Post:

FollowTheSun (05-14-2019),PghBall (05-14-2019),RedRabbit (05-15-2019)

Thanks
    Looking gorgeous! Your Noodle is the reason why I hop onto MorphMarket every now and then and browse for Albino Mojaves and Albino Lessers, wistfully hoping I'll find one who looks as good as him. No luck so far!
    Ball Pythons:
    2018 Cinnamon Enchi Ghost - Ignis ("Iggy")
    2018 Butter Mojave BEL - Ravus ("Rae")
    2022 Albino Super Lesser - Cyrus ("Cy")

Boa Imperator:
    2018 Hypo Blood - Genesis ("Gen")
    2019 IMG Motley - Requiem ("Q")
    2019 Sharp Blizzard - Elysium ("Elys")

Iggy&Rae on Instagram:
    https://www.instagram.com/iggy_and_rae

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RedRabbit For This Useful Post:

Luvyna (05-16-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RedRabbit View Post
    Looking gorgeous! Your Noodle is the reason why I hop onto MorphMarket every now and then and browse for Albino Mojaves and Albino Lessers, wistfully hoping I'll find one who looks as good as him. No luck so far!
    Aww, thank you! Your Iggy and Ravus are stunning as well. Iggy's colours are just unreal, I didn't even know BPs could come in those colours before I saw him!
    Last edited by Luvyna; 05-16-2019 at 05:54 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Luvyna View Post
    Aww, thank you! Your Iggy and Ravus are stunning as well. Iggy's colours are just unreal, I didn't even know BPs could come in those colours before I saw him!
    Thank you! Funny enough, I hadn't even planned to get Iggy at all. I was at my first reptile expo and shopping around for my first snake, and I was pretty sure I was aiming for a BEL (which of course eventually did come home as Ravus), or maybe a Mystic Potion. But Iggy's bright orange spots caught my eye, and as soon as I held him and he perked his little head up to look at me, it was all over.

Actually, I don't recall if you'd mentioned elsewhere - how/where did you find Noodle?
    Ball Pythons:

Boa Imperator:

Iggy&Rae on Instagram:

9. The Following User Says Thank You to RedRabbit For This Useful Post:

Luvyna (05-25-2019)

Thanks

Thank you! Funny enough, I hadn't even planned to get Iggy at all. I was at my first reptile expo and shopping around for my first snake, and I was pretty sure I was aiming for a BEL (which of course eventually did come home as Ravus), or maybe a Mystic Potion. But Iggy's bright orange spots caught my eye, and as soon as I held him and he perked his little head up to look at me, it was all over.

Actually, I don't recall if you'd mentioned elsewhere - how/where did you find Noodle?
    It's like Iggy chose you! Awesome find, his colours are really something you don't see every day.

Like you, I was looking for a different morph (pied) when I found Noodle on his breeder's website. I sent the breeder an email asking about his pieds and Noodle, since I'd never seen an albino that looked like that before. Turns out he was out of pied BPs, but he still had Noodle, and he invited me to come to the facility to check out the snakes so I went. The first BP I ever held was Noodle and I instantly fell in love so here we are now!

Fun fact: Noodle was more orange than yellow as a baby. Here's the photo of him from the breeder's site:

His colours are pretty different now but I know it's him because the markings are exactly the same. Looking forward to seeing how he'll continue to change in the future!

Thanks

It's like Iggy chose you! Awesome find, his colours are really something you don't see every day.

Like you, I was looking for a different morph (pied) when I found Noodle on his breeder's website. I sent the breeder an email asking about his pieds and Noodle, since I'd never seen an albino that looked like that before. Turns out he was out of pied BPs, but he still had Noodle, and he invited me to come to the facility to check out the snakes so I went. The first BP I ever held was Noodle and I instantly fell in love so here we are now!

Fun fact: Noodle was more orange than yellow as a baby. Here's the photo of him from the breeder's site:

His colours are pretty different now but I know it's him because the markings are exactly the same. Looking forward to seeing how he'll continue to change in the future!
    Haha, it really does seem like the snake chooses the keeper, rather than the other way around, if your story with Noodle is any indication! And wow, Noodle was a gorgeous baby too. So, do you think that pied BP is still in your future, someday?

Iggy as a baby actually looked less flashy than he does now, but he still stood out from the rest of his clutch - though all of those hatchlings were really pretty little snakes, and there's still a part of me that wishes I'd also brought home his Cinnamon Ghost brother (the dark brown with orange spots, in the middle of the group; photo from breeder).

Ball Pythons:

Boa Imperator:

Iggy&Rae on Instagram:

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RedRabbit For This Useful Post:

squidwardtortellini (05-29-2019)

Thanks

Haha, it really does seem like the snake chooses the keeper, rather than the other way around, if your story with Noodle is any indication! And wow, Noodle was a gorgeous baby too. So, do you think that pied BP is still in your future, someday?

Iggy as a baby actually looked less flashy than he does now, but he still stood out from the rest of his clutch - though all of those hatchlings were really pretty little snakes, and there's still a part of me that wishes I'd also brought home his Cinnamon Ghost brother (the dark brown with orange spots, in the middle of the group; photo from breeder).

At the moment I'm not planning to get anymore snakes and I'm happy with Noodle, still love pied morphs though so maybe some time in the future I will get a pied if I find a nice mid-white one. I've also been considering possibly getting a different snake species somewhere down the line.

Wow, Iggy came from a beautiful clutch! He was definitely the standout with those orange colours. The orange seems to be getting richer with age, which is lovely. He and his Cinnamon Ghost brother would have made a great-looking pair, I wonder what the Cinnamon Ghost colours look like now. I also really like that cream-coloured sibling in the top left corner. What a gorgeous family!

Here is Noodle's hatch day photo from the breeder's Facebook (May 19, 2018):
    (On a side note, a while back I found out there was a mix up about Noodle's age. He is actually a year old now, although a bit small, possibly from maintenance feeding or not being a good eater as a baby.)

Noodle is the one on the far right, I could hardly believe that was him at first since his colours were so different. The crazy thing is that when he was born, he wasn't an "inverted" albino like he is now. I met his other albino siblings while visiting the breeder. It's pretty funny that there is a single dark hatchling in this clutch lol, there is always one odd one out.

Thanks

At the moment I'm not planning to get anymore snakes and I'm happy with Noodle, still love pied morphs though so maybe some time in the future I will get a pied if I find a nice mid-white one. I've also been considering possibly getting a different snake species somewhere down the line.

Wow, Iggy came from a beautiful clutch! He was definitely the standout with those orange colours. The orange seems to be getting richer with age, which is lovely. He and his Cinnamon Ghost brother would have made a great-looking pair, I wonder what the Cinnamon Ghost colours look like now. I also really like that cream-coloured sibling in the top left corner. What a gorgeous family!

Here is Noodle's hatch day photo from the breeder's Facebook (May 19, 2018):
    (On a side note, a while back I found out there was a mix up about Noodle's age. He is actually a year old now, although a bit small, possibly from maintenance feeding or not being a good eater as a baby.)

Noodle is the one on the far right, I could hardly believe that was him at first since his colours were so different. The crazy thing is that when he was born, he wasn't an "inverted" albino like he is now. I met his other albino siblings while visiting the breeder. It's pretty funny that there is a single dark hatchling in this clutch lol, there is always one odd one out.
    Out of curiosity, I actually texted Iggy's breeder recently to ask if he still had the Cinnamon Ghost and what he looks like now. As it turns out, that one was also sold a while back, but the breeder said I might have dodged a bullet there, since the Cinnamon Ghost was apparently a really grumpy, snappy little guy, haha!

I'm delighted that you have a photo of Noodle's clutch too! There are few things I love more than seeing "baby pictures" of our pets, lol. Noodle had a beautiful mixed bag of siblings, didn't he? Is that a Cherry Bomb I spy at the top? (And that little dark-colored one is just fully balled-up and waiting for things to quiet down, too cute.) Noodle himself looks SO different in each of his "phases," but I confess that I like his current look the best. Can't believe he's a year old already!

If you were to pick a different snake species to keep alongside Noodle, what would you consider?
    Ball Pythons:

Boa Imperator:

Iggy&Rae on Instagram:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast