Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,187

2 members and 2,185 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,135 Times in 1,197 Posts

Update on the crew. Couple of questions but doing great for the most part.

Husbandry temps did drop a little across the board during winter but no more than 5 F degrees lower.

Rainbow- Suntiger female Reticulated python. 3 years old. 13 plus feet. 35 plus pounds. Is easy to handle in and out of cage. Eating weekly still. Has always been a healthy eater. Skipped 4 weeks of eating around December but after trying to take a bite out of Monty has been chowing down again. Very picky about rabbits. The only time she skips a meal is if I offer Rabbits back to back. Not what she prefers to eat for sure. Eating quail, chicken, Guinea pigs, rats, duck, and rabbits (when not being picky). The question... should I hold off feeding anything but rabbits for a couple of months or feed her a variety still? She is a little plump so she can and will hold out for a while. I just know that smaller things will not keep her fed as she gets bigger so want to make the transition. Great animal ambassador.

Monty - Platinum Motly? male reticulated python. 1.5 years old. 7 feet and around 10 pounds. Shy and cage defensive but great when out. Eating weekly. Eats like a horse. Healthy and slender. Recovering nicely from Rainbow trying to eat him. Went on a food strike for 5 weeks around November and December. Is back eating like it is his last meal. Eating large rats, quail, and chicks. Can not trust to be an animal ambassador.

Aurora - Platinum Titanium female reticulated python. 2 years old. 7 feet and around 7 lbs. Runs when you go to take her out. Gentle when out. Eating weekly. Eats consistently and takes FT easily. Has eaten quail and medium rats. Going to move her up to large rats next feeding. Hope will be a great animal ambassador.

Ruby - Was told dwarf boa female. Is confirmed female. 5 feet. Was told 8 years old (rescue). Gentle as she can be inside and out of her enclosure. Eating medium rat weekly. Is not gentle with her food any more. Guess her confidence is back. Starting to feel out some and her ribs are slowly being covered with meat as she is progressing. Her belly burns are almost completely healed and is shedding in 1 piece. Loves being out and loves to climb. Question, At what point should I go to 14 day feedings? I personally feel she needs a few more weeks of weekly feedings to be a nice square shape she should be. I think if I keep food small she might be happier with weekly feedings because of fear that food will not come? (keep in mind she was not fed for almost a year). Great animal ambassador.

Max - Colombian Red Tail boa male. 15 inches not sure weight (I should weigh him) Estimated at a year old. Gentle inside and out of enclosure. Healthy and happy little burrower. Eats 1 adult mouse weekly. Going to push him to every 14 days. He was not fed for 4 months before I got him. He is getting a little plump now. Great animal ambassador.

Oreo
    - High White California King snake female. Not sure on length just know greater than 2 feet. 18 months old. Easy to handle in and out of her enclosure. Bumped her up to rat pinkies last night. Still gave her 2 hopper mice. Slams everything you offer. Long and slender like a nice colubrid should be. Great animal ambassador.

Fiona - Albino? Corn snake female. 5 or 6 feet long. Big girl. Don't weigh her. Estimated 9 years old (rescue). Cage defensive but great once out. Active yet enjoys being out of her enclosure if you can get her out. LOL Eating either adult mouse or rat crawler weekly. Long and slender girl. Healthy as she can be. . Great animal ambassador. Keep her away from your keys. LOL.

Luna - Normal Brazilin Rainbow boa female. 12 inches long. Don't weigh her. 3 months old. Easy to handle in and out of the cage. Active when out but no biting. Eating 2 fuzzy mice weekly. Growing nicely. Sheds in 1 piece. Hope will be a great animal ambassador.

Bob
    - Banana Jigsaw Granite male ball python. 3 feet little less than 900 grams. 1.5 years old. Easy to handle in and out of the cage. Calm and confident when out. Never balls up. Not head shy. Eats 1 medium rat weekly. Went off food in November. Has eaten 1 rat crawler during this time 3 weeks ago. Offered weekly. Has lost less than 20g total. Sheds in 1 piece. Great animal ambassador.

Shiva - Mojave ball python female. 3 feet 4 inches 1158 grams. 1.5 years old. Easy to handle in and out of the cage. Calm and confident when out. Never balls up. Not head shy. Eats 1 medium rat weekly. Rarely misses a meal. Slamming her food now. Healthy and long. Sheds in 1 piece. Great animal ambassador.

I think for essentially being a noob I am doing fairly well providing a good home for my herps. If you see any issues please let me know.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyrivers For This Useful Post:

mandymg86 (02-01-2019)