Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,781

2 members and 2,779 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Five Lined Dumpy Family 2019

A quiet week for the Five Lined Dumpy Family...

Quiet is good. There is nothing bad to report and everything seems to be stabilizing. I am preparing to start finishing up the second episode of Kingdoms. This will have Max and the Dumpy Family make their premier inn the series. I'm excited to showcase them and their family system. I got an UTH and they seem to be more active and alert. Fin the Betta Fish is doing a little better too.

The Skinks will be back in episode 3 and it will have the footage of some interesting activity from the Skink Dynasty. These Skinks may get in the history books because they are behaving differently then most thought of them. These Skinks are more unknown than the other Skinks of their family.

The baby Cope's Gray Tree Frogs are doing great but one baby is much bigger then the others. The Bumblebee Millipedes and Canyon Isopods are doing well. Everyone is great right now so hopefully things can stay like this for a while. Just a small update for you. There will be more when the next episode is being completed.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Thanks

I got the footage!!

I wanted to let you all know that I got the footage of my skink eating blueberries tonight! I saw how he eats them and I was floored. He actually attacks them but he knows they are a fruit. It's so unbelievable to see. Not only did I record this but I FINALLY saw the Squirrel Tree Frog eat!! And while I was filming Pharaoh eating blueberries Florence was croaking right above him! I was in the right place at the right time tonight! I don't have the clips off my camera yet so I will have to get a picture to post.

So tomorrow I am going to give Pharaoh different food to try. Like strawberries tomorrow I will see if he eats them. This would be really cool to document. Then I will try carrots and so on. Kingdoms Episode 2 is waiting on the Dumpy Family to eat the Black Soldier Flies and I'll get them on film but so far no luck. So we will just have to wait a little bit longer.

Thanks

Finally an update on the updates for the animals...

So I got a new job and some changes are necessary so I can still keep everyone updated on the animals and their stories. So I think I will coordinate the update on them during one of the days I feed them. So the Five Lined Dumpy Family eats Tuesday and Thursday. This is just an announcement so next week I'll start this routine.

Episode 2 is done with filming and I'm editing a little bit but it's about to be finals week so it will probably get done after finals week. It should be faster once the summer break comes. The Dumpy Family looks very good and I got new breathtaking footage from inside the enclosure as Max leaps around the from the plants to dive-bomb prey. There are some old clips but there will be a new perspective from the Dumpy Family in this episode. I am taking my native toads to the vet and will take a stool sample from Max so we will see how she's doing. I'm really excited to put this episode together because the clips looked amazing filming them.

The Skink Dynasty is doing well. One adult Snail has survived so far and the Skinks are thriving. The Squirrel Tree Frog (Florence) has finally been able to adjust to being captive and he's eaten a few times in front of me. He's croaking a lot too. I got this and the purposed scientific discovery coming in the third episode. Pharaoh confirmed he ate fruit. I saw the strawberries were moved around and I know it was him. It's cool that a lizard who isn't supposed to eat fruit does. Even lizards have a sweet tooth! Episode 3 will have some great footage of Pharaoh and Florence being the stars. They truly make the night special and will make this upcoming video very memorable.

Florence vs Spurgeon and Jeremiah...
    So there is a bit of a calling war going on in the hallway because now that Florence is comfortable he calls every night between 1-6 times a night. The Dumpy Family who is next to him do not like loud noise so they croak in protest of Florence. So then he thinks it's a competition so he calls back. He is 1/3 their size. He's such size to them but he knows he's safe so he calls. I honestly can't wait to see if one of the baby Cope's Gray Tree Frogs are a male because then they will be calling as well and it will be a noisy hallway with 3 species of frogs and 2 species of crickets. It will be a calming and welcomed noise too. I think it's funny and cool that the Skink Dynasty and Dumpy Family can communicate back and forth. It's a very fun night when they both are active and calling. I will be getting a female Squirrel Tree Frog for Florence so he's going to probably call more once she's in the Skink Dynasty. That's in August though. Maybe in episode 3 I will be able to get the Frog Calling War on video.

Are you excited to get updates for the Five Lined Dumpy Family earlier in the week?

Do you have frogs or amphibians or reptiles that communicate with each other in different setups?
    Last edited by AAronCap; 04-15-2019 at 10:55 PM.

Thanks

The Good The Bad and The Soon...

I wanted to have a pretty solid update with a lot of activity and we have enough for a good update. So the good is everyone is doing well. The frogs of both enclosures are calling and eating and are happy. The male skink is eating a ton so he's probably very very happy. The snail is alive and the Canyon Isopods and Bumblebee Millipedes are as well. Another good thing is there are a lot of people who are following the Five Lined Dumpy Family on Instagram and it's actually the same amount of likes/followers as the Facebook page for the native species. That is a good thing to see that these animals are also appreciated! I hope that people will continue to follow them and that the Five Lined Dumpy Family will become some people's favorite part of the PA Woods Community.

The bad is going to make some of you very sad. We lost another baby Cope's Gray Tree Frog and a female Mosquito Fish this last weekend. It was difficult but the Petco I get the fruit flies at they had all died so I ordered some flies and they got pushed back because of Easter so the frogs went a day without eating and one baby died. I believe the Mosquito Fish passed of old age. Still sad. Another not sad but odd thing is I haven't seen the female skink in a long time. She may have eggs or something because she hasn't been out and that's not good. More food and warmer temps and my male skink thrives but my female isn't in sight? It might be that some baby Pharaos and Amsis will hatch soon. No I don't think she's dead just not in sight.

The soon
    The next video I'm going to work on tonight! No school for a while and I'm going to make a spectacular video featuring Max and the Dumpy Family soon! Maybe early next week will be the release of Kingdoms Episode 2! I'm very happy with the shots and I think this will be my favorite episode featuring them on my channel. I've never said that about the Dumpy Family either so it's going to be epic.

The last part of this update I want to sincerely ask you of your opinion on something very important! So with more success and opportunity to grow on YouTube and elsewhere I am thinking of renaming my YouTube channel to PA Woods and Forests. Do you guys like this better for my name? Please don't make this your name of your channel if you have one to be spiteful to anyone reading who doesn't usually respond! Not trying to be mean but it's a serious question! Thanks and I am counting on the people who do read and always have quality feedback for their advice

Thanks

Kingdoms Episode 2 featuring Max and the Dumpy Family is out!
    https://youtu.be/a9PuZMTMOkw

Thanks

The most unbelievable update yet...

So I know why we cannot find Amsi. I was looking for Florence one night and I lifted my waterfall up and I saw a little lizard curled up looking at me guarding her eggs! That's right EGGS! So Pharaoh and Amsi have mated once again and I stumbled upon the beginning process of Pharaoh courting her. I will have to show this in episode 3. More sad news that we are down to one baby Cope's Gray Tree Frog. The babies that had leg deformity have passed and the large normal looking one is left. I'm hoping this one will make it to the Skink Dynasty. Florence is doing well and eating in front of me. I have good news on the snails. The one adult is alive and many offspring are alive. One has gotten pretty big so they should be able to continue in the Skink Dynasty. The Canyon Isopods and Bumblebee Millipedes are doing well. So everyone except the Cope's are doing well.

The Dumpy Family is doing well. I changed their tank around so in episode 3 you can expect a different looking enclosure. I think that the Dumpy Family is doing well. They also are coping with the nematodes. The warm and humid conditions help fighting off the parasites or at least living with the parasites barrable. I think Jeremiah is sick and taking him to the vet could change his attitude around possibly. Maybe if he's treated and healthy he will become more tame and comfortable with me. The Dumpy Family is doing well.

The temperature and humidity has changed as summer nears and the Five Lined Dumpy Family is enjoying the change. They seem to be hungrier and I've seen breeding and more activity among all the animals out more in warmer conditions. Episode 3 will be coming in a few weeks I just need to get the good shots and the time to work on Frog Week.

Thanks

The Five Lined Dumpy Family is doing good...

Sorry it's been so long for the update on these two kingdoms I've been trying to do a lot lately and had been meaning to get back on here to give a good update for everybody.

The Dumpy Family is still to be dewormed and the plants cleaned because they have the nematodes like the native species of my animals. Everyone seems good but I updated the water area and see much less of Fin. He seems to be hiding more now then before. Max is doing well and Spurgeon and Jeremiah are croaking and active every night.

The Skink Dynasty is doing good. Amsi is still nursing eggs, Pharaoh is eating a lot more then usual, Florence has become more comfortable with people and the snail population has skyrocketed. We found one specimen and brought it back. It appears to have mated. Anyway now I see like around 3-5 large snails at times. They have adapted to the climate! The lone baby Cope's Gray Tree Frog is doing well and we will try baby crickets soon! The Bumblebee Millipedes were sexed and I have two females so now I know I really need a male. They and the Canyon Isopods are doing incredible. The Isopods have been breeding and I'm waiting to let them max out in size so they might survive living in the Skink Dynasty.

The Five Lined Dumpy Family is doing good but needs dewormed, more plants (for the Skink Dynasty at least) and need a new lighting system to incorporate heat, uvb and night lights.im overall happy with them being quiet for the most part and like I said episode 3 will be coming after next week sometime so I can get done with an intense summer class.

Thanks

Kingdoms Episode 3 talk and more...

So it's been a while since I have talked to you guys. There has been a lot going on and I've been learning a lot about insects and my own amphibians. I wanted to make sure that everyone still knew that the Five Lined Dumpy Family is the top priority on YouTube and various other places. Everyone is doing well.

For the Skink Dynasty I haven't seen the Skinks as much but I saw their soil is very damp so they probably are unhappy about that. It probably does feel like the wet season for them! No sign of any babies.

Florence has been doing well and seemed to settle in and he is doing so good. He croaks occasionally but has been quiet.

The baby Cope's is starting to eat baby crickets for me. I'm hoping to grow it and maybe by fall to have it in the Skink Dynasty.

I'm close to putting the Bumblebee Millipedes in the enclosure as well. They seem to be doing well and I just have a lot of animals on my plate at the moment and it might be easier. That means everyone who eats fruit and vegetables would be together! And more pre killed insects for everybody! I will be pondering this for a while before I make my decision.

The Dumpy Family is doing great and they seem to be doing well enough to hold off for a vet visit. All the frogs seem to be more active and seem to be more excited with warmer temperatures.
    Max ate a Hornworm moth I forget the name of it. Maybe a hawk moth? But anyway it was almost as big as her. I only did this because she's an adult and she was hungry. I managed to get the moment on video and it may appear in Kingdoms Episode 3. Fin has been well. He's not seen much since the updated enclosure and there being more space for him but also more hiding spots. He comes out when he's hungry.

Kingdoms Episode 3 is taking shape. Baby Skinks, discovery of the species eating fruit, return of the working class, Florence caught eating, Max eating a hawk moth, the updated enclosure of the Dumpy Family and more. It's truly going to be a great episode. While it will hopefully deliver for you all it will be giving way then to another project I've been preparing on the horizon. But it's not relevant in this discussion.

Are you excited for Kingdoms Episode 3?

Who do you want to see in episode 3?

Do you think it's time to add the Bumblebee Millipedes?

Thanks

New Episode of Kingdoms! Checkout the video and the extra video from today!
    https://youtu.be/Fv2hzzOm1dA
    https://youtu.be/Zy5t6porouQ

Thanks

The Five Lined Dumpy Family!

These animals are set to make a return to YouTube and be back in the spotlight. Some good news is they are all doing well. We are working on trying to update some plants for both enclosures. There may be a waterfall switch at some point. The Bumblebee Millipedes I believe have mated and the Canyon Isopods have been doing well. Not as many offspring as you would think. The baby copes is still too small to join the Skink Dynasty. We are getting close though!

The Dumpy Family is doing well and I'm looking forward to putting more plants in this enclosure. Max is doing great and so are Jeremiah and Surgeon. Fin the Betta Fish is less active but seems okay. We are monitoring him as we move forward.

The Five Lined Dumpy Family is going to share the spotlight but not with other animals. We are going to begin product reviews on the channel to help people find good products to use for keeping their amphibians and reptiles.

More to come soon on these updates.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast