Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,891

0 members and 2,891 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,898 Times in 2,993 Posts

Re: What is your guilty pleasure?

Quote Originally Posted by RXLReptiles View Post
    I don't know if it's a guilty pleasure, so much as an addiction, but I like to learn everything.

In my short adult life I've had multiple careers and several jobs covering everything from mechanic, oilfield, welder, truck driver, construction, carpentry, office jobs, and starting my own company as a trucking owner operator, and I'm only 29 years young.

I've learned outdoors skills, hunting, camping, survival, bushcrafting, tactical training and weapons handling, gunsmithing, blacksmithing, metal casting, and tons more. And my place is a sort of urban homestead, so grow as much of our own food as possible and have a small urban hobby farm going.

I've also been an avid gamer, so I built my gaming pc, and that sparked more research into technology and electronics. Which eventually led to a gaming channel on youtube that I haven't really updated in a while, and that led to a collaboration gaming channel with my friend and business partner.

It's become a bit of a problem because I just don't have enough hours in the day to do all the stuff I want to do. Currently my ongoing projects are a native green anole bioactive terrarium that I'm working on building, I've gotta build a stand for a new 55 gallon aquarium so I can plant it and transfer the fish from my 40 gallon into it, I need to build a new quail pen so that I can get some new quail in spring for eggs and meat this year, and I've still gotta find time to process fire wood and redo my backyard fence cause it's getting pretty rough.

HELP! I have a problem! Lol.
    You sound like a great guy with a great work / life ethic and some great skills ..

I'm kinda envious ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Re: What is your guilty pleasure?

Quote Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    Sounds to me like you have a solution. Not a problem. You make sure to live life to the fullest, learn all the needful things and still have fun as well.

Thanks Zina,

It seems that way, not saying that I dislike the addiction of learning, but it does make it a little hard to focus on one project or idea. So I'm usually halfway done with half a dozen projects or so, and always planning more. The usual limiting factor is money for all my ideas. Now if only I could win the lottery I'd be good to go. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    You sound like a great guy with a great work / life ethic and some great skills ..

I'm kinda envious ..

Thank you for the kind words Zinc, but don't be too jealous, it's quite the mess in my head, too many ideas and random knowledge flying around to really organize them into functional executable projects. Picture a hurricane in a bottle and you'll get the idea. Believe me conversations or meetings in real life don't really follow a linear path like my typed posts, just ask my wife, she says it's like talking directly to Google and just hammering the "I'm feeling lucky" button they used to have over and over again.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,898 Times in 2,993 Posts

What is your guilty pleasure?

Quote Originally Posted by RXLReptiles View Post
    Thanks Zina,

It seems that way, not saying that I dislike the addiction of learning, but it does make it a little hard to focus on one project or idea. So I'm usually halfway done with half a dozen projects or so, and always planning more. The usual limiting factor is money for all my ideas. Now if only I could win the lottery I'd be good to go. Lol

Thank you for the kind words Zinc, but don't be too jealous, it's quite the mess in my head, too many ideas and random knowledge flying around to really organize them into functional executable projects. Picture a hurricane in a bottle and you'll get the idea. Believe me conversations or meetings in real life don't really follow a linear path like my typed posts, just ask my wife, she says it's like talking directly to Google and just hammering the "I'm feeling lucky" button they used to have over and over again.

You actually sound like a new and improved version of myself

My head is also full of ideas and theories ( and worries sadly ) and they all seem to fly around at a fierce pace so if I'm not careful I get nothing done ... oddly when I actually start something I'll keep on going until it's finished ..
    I can lose hours at a time researching something online

Last edited by Zincubus; 02-15-2019 at 02:52 PM.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011