Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,210

0 members and 1,210 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: My BP got loose

Thanks

Re: My BP got loose

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    GREAT news! Glad that Pee Wee's Big Adventure is finally over...tell him he's grounded! and NO T.V.!

And tell him to wipe that smirk off his face!

OMG!!! I read this and laughed so I snorted coffee out of my nose. ROFLOL!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Phoenix Rising For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (01-20-2019)

Thanks
    thanks everyone! Now a more random question. In probably 2 months he should move up in tank size. My dad is really good with wood, metal, glass, plastic, pretty much everything, so if I commissioned him to build a custom setup (Alcatraz-type escape proof), what substances besides glass would be safe for the interior, that also are ok if they get wet/soiled?
    Last edited by Acedink; 01-21-2019 at 12:11 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,787 Times in 11,824 Posts
    Wood is the best insulator but it needs to be well-waterproofed with a NO-VOC* product (no volatile organic compounds that off-gas toxic stuff) and
    thoroughly dried until no smells remain before your snake moves in. It's do-able. I've converted nice wood furniture cabinets in the past, had some custom
    doors made with glass windows & installed (w/. piano hinges), and I installed vents using nice perforated metal (be sure the smooth side is inside cage).
    I was happy with the results, as were my snake occupants. I've also had plate glass sliding doors made & installed them in padded aluminum tracks on re-
    purposed cabinets.

I'm personally not a fan of plastics (& they scratch easily- even from paper towels over time, & may warp, more likely with the high temps that BPs need).

Mostly I'm a fan of glass tanks for what I now keep (mostly colubrids) that do best with fresh air & ambient room temperatures. I also like to see my pets
    & for them to see out...tubs & racks that many like for convenience etc. are not something I'd ever use, other than temporarily for hatchlings.

Alcatraz eh? Are you putting in a moat too? I hope he got a fair trial? It could be that the guard was the one who messed up? ha ha ha!
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 01-21-2019 at 01:00 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345