Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,989

1 members and 2,988 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Help with more heat issues please.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Rising View Post
    I have all digital thermometers. The heat mats are outside the tanks on the end and I have the probe between the mat and the bottom of the glass that are connected to thermostats. I also have a temp gun and check with that several times a day. The thermostats are at their highest but it's still not high enough when I check with a heat gun. I do find that the heat gun is very close to the temp that I have a probe under the glass in the middle so it leads me to believe it's pretty accurate. Much better than the thermostat.
    What thermostat are you using that won’t allow you to go any higher? Where are you located? I know many people up north have issues with heating because of the weather, I live in central Florida so I have more of an upper hand
    Also not completely sure for wattage for the Che, try 75 and if that’s not enough go up, it’s gonna depend on ur rooms ambient and location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Aerries; 01-17-2019 at 10:42 AM.

Thanks

Re: Help with more heat issues please.

I keep the house temps at 68. I live in GA. The thermostats are Century Digital Heat Mat Thermostat Regulator. It's exactly the same as most all the others that I have seen. The difference is that the thermostats measure the temp as one thing but when I use the heat gun it is waaaay lower. And that is the same with both tanks.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Rising View Post
    I keep the house temps at 68. I live in GA. The thermostats are Century Digital Heat Mat Thermostat Regulator. It's exactly the same as most all the others that I have seen. The difference is that the thermostats measure the temp as one thing but when I use the heat gun it is waaaay lower. And that is the same with both tanks.
    Are you measuring at the substrate, as the heat has to pass up through the tank through the glass and substrate, most people usually set the stat higher to get desired temps inside.

Thanks

Yup. That's what I do. Measure the top of the substrate in many places and the temp on the mat, according to the thermostats, is 108. Even though they are measuring on the thermostat, as higher. The smaller tank is now 89 inside his hide, measured by the heat gun aimed right inside the hide doorway and top of the substrate, as well as around the hide. The bigger tank is only 78 measured in the same places. Now, last night and early this morning both were lower than that.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Probably worth going with a emitter also my mat alone doesn’t reach the desired temps for hot spot.

If u go emitter route will be a case of trial and error as u need to get a nice balance.

For example if I set my emitter couple degrees higher hotspot shoots up to 35-37 degrees .

I will post some pics later how I have mine set up to the pulse stat

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Help with more heat issues please.

Ignore the tape I’m reclipping it as the old stat died and I broke the clip removing it

So I have my probe at back

Temps was 92 degrees dropped due to me opening cage, Fahrenheit as a lot of you Americans use that is with my che set at 75.2 Fahrenheit as the temp reaches the floor first in my setup so the floor gets hotter than ambient

That’s the chart showing it’s at constant 24 at probe

Then near by I have humidity and temp sensor

That’s just how I get my snake at right temps and why I don’t have the che directly above the hide in my tank ( will differ as different tanks have different heights etc)

Last edited by Jamiekerk; 01-17-2019 at 01:20 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jamiekerk For This Useful Post:

Phoenix Rising (01-17-2019)

Thanks
    That would be great, Jaimiekerk! What watt is yours?

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

25 watt as they do pump out a lot of heat, it all depends on enclosure size my enclosure is long but no mega tall so the heat quickly gets to ground level.

It isn’t the gospel my friend is a qualified herp vet she helped me set everything up and he thrives, no food issues no stuck shed issues.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12