Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,198

0 members and 2,198 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: OMG disaster.

Thanks

Re: OMG disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyrivers View Post
    Rainbow is a female and she eat a 4lb rabbit later that evening.
    So she was probably just hungry when she lines for the other snake
    Just being a wild animal

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Thanks

Typo I meant to say when she lunged for the other snake

Thanks
    Thanked 2,135 Times in 1,197 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MR Snakes View Post
    This doesn't bode well for Rainbow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybeans View Post
    Typo I meant to say when she lunged for the other snake

I truly think was purely a act of hunger. 5 weeks is a long time for her. She just refused to eat.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,787 Times in 11,824 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skyrivers View Post
    ...I have never had an issue having multiple animals out at once before during education shows or any other time. She reached out almost 4 feet to get to him. Happened so fast she had him before we could do anything to prevent it....
    As you said, wild animals can be unpredictable (just when we think we "know" them). So glad it wasn't worse.

Like you, I've done many "meet & greets" with some of my snakes with no incidents ever, but now I have to re-think having multiple snakes out at once, especially
    letting others (that are new to snakes) hold them. Not like I have any giant snakes though, & I've certainly never taken any hungry ones. That was just a really
    awful accident...4' is "nothing" for snakes that big, what a "wake-up call".

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    As you said, wild animals can be unpredictable (just when we think we "know" them). So glad it wasn't worse.

Like you, I've done many "meet & greets" with some of my snakes with no incidents ever, but now I have to re-think having multiple snakes out at once, especially
    letting others (that are new to snakes) hold them. Not like I have any giant snakes though, & I've certainly never taken any hungry ones. That was just a really
    awful accident...4' is "nothing" for snakes that big, what a "wake-up call".

Like I always say. Retics have big bodies, big personalities, and big responsibility. I have rewritten my thoughts on them several times this past year for sure. No regrets on having them though. Love everything about them. I only hope others will learn from my mistakes. Vet visit in 2 hours so will update then.
    Last edited by Skyrivers; 01-16-2019 at 12:46 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,787 Times in 11,824 Posts
    Fingers crossed that there's no damage.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Fingers crossed that there's no damage.
    Really? Are they actually crossed?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phillydubs View Post
    There are ways to educate and not have two Animals who can potentially attack one another close like that.

It could also have turned out worse for the animals,or for the people, involved.

We as hobbyists are fighting an uphill battle. When things like this happen, especially when it could have been avoided, by simply following a one snake out a time rule (a good rule for safety for all as well as hygiene), it’s upsetting and can and does hurt the hobby.

I’m all for education and getting people to accept. When done properly.
    I must be missing some hatred u have for sky. Anyways, I give him credit for sharing his terrible experience with us to potentially help out others. But when people come here and just hate on u them, most people will never post up any mistakes because they don’t want to deal with the haters. If anything u should realize that and leave ur personal opinion of sky out of this.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Danger noodles For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (01-16-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Danger noodles View Post
    I must be missing some hatred u have for sky. Anyways, I give him credit for sharing his terrible experience with us to potentially help out others. But when people come here and just hate on u them, most people will never post up any mistakes because they don’t want to deal with the haters. If anything u should realize that and leave ur personal opinion of sky out of this.

Or this individual didn't know what a urate was a year ago, got a mainland retic female, magically found a thousand dollar designer reticulated python male which was identical to a snake for sale on morphmarket by a breeder in his state, and now talks about breeding them like it's no big deal. I CANNOT have these snakes in my state without ridiculous permits, and stuff like this is the reason why. No one needs to casually breed these animals, because most cannot casually take care of them. There is no room for error with the big contrictors, and no one needs to watch a retic lunge 4 ft and latch onto another one.
    Last edited by 350z; 01-16-2019 at 03:02 PM.

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to 350z For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (01-16-2019),Craiga 01453 (01-16-2019),Gio (01-16-2019),jmcrook (01-16-2019),Pengil (01-20-2019),Phillydubs (01-16-2019),pretends2bnormal (01-16-2019),Sonny1318 (01-18-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Danger noodles View Post
    Thanks. Is all about the education of myself and others for me. That and the love of the animals.

Sent from my N9560 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast