Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,814

1 members and 2,813 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Doesn't constrict when eating?

Mine has only ever been fead on frozen barley constricts unless I give it a tug see pic

He will hold it like that for a minute then gobble it down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MR Snakes View Post
    Another poor snek with issues. Send it immediately to Maine.
    LOL not a chance, I'm planning to keep my BP with me for the next ~30 years

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiekerk View Post
    Mine has only ever been fead on frozen barley constricts unless I give it a tug see pic

He will hold it like that for a minute then gobble it down

That looks very similar to what mine does, except he doesn't even bother with the neck coil, he just puts his head and neck over the prey when biting it. Good to know that's normal for when they're fed F/T. I wonder if they would know how to properly constrict if faced with live prey.

On another note, I'm probably being an over-anxious mom but ever since my BP ate, he has been staying in his cool hide, has barely moved, and hasn't gone to the warm side. Is this normal? I saw him poking his head out at night and roaming the tub a bit in the evening before eating but now he just stays in his hide. I touched him and he responds to it but his body feels a bit stiff/tense. I've never actually seen him change hides to thermoregulate either come to think of it.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I very rarely see mine thermoregulate they are nocturnal, only time I ever see is if I’m thirsty at night and walk past his viv.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Luvyna View Post
    LOL not a chance, I'm planning to keep my BP with me for the next ~30 years

That looks very similar to what mine does, except he doesn't even bother with the neck coil, he just puts his head and neck over the prey when biting it. Good to know that's normal for when they're fed F/T. I wonder if they would know how to properly constrict if faced with live prey.

On another note, I'm probably being an over-anxious mom but ever since my BP ate, he has been staying in his cool hide, has barely moved, and hasn't gone to the warm side. Is this normal? I saw him poking his head out at night and roaming the tub a bit in the evening before eating but now he just stays in his hide. I touched him and he responds to it but his body feels a bit stiff/tense. I've never actually seen him change hides to thermoregulate either come to think of it.
    Most of the time both of mine are on their cool sides. Occasionally I see one hanging out in the water bowl for a couple minutes then move on to a hide. I have enough cover in my tanks that they can move from hide to hide and not be seen.

If I know I'm going Crazy,I must not be Insane!

Thanks

Thanks for sharing Jamiekerk and Mb80! Two days after eating my snake is moving around again - I saw him change hides this morning and also managed to catch him taking a drink last night. Guess he just needed time to digest his meal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12