Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 291

9 members and 282 guests
Most users ever online was 3,642, 05-08-2016 at 08:50 AM.


» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 64,378
Threads: 238,702
Posts: 2,479,706
Top Poster: JLC (31,652)
Welcome to our newest member, Mr.K
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 132

Thread: Music

  1. #41
    BPnet Lifer Zincubus's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-22-2011
    Posts
    5,231
    Thanks
    2,030
    Thanked 3,155 Times in 2,025 Posts

    Re: Music

    Quote Originally Posted by Shayne View Post
    Listen to mostly 90's Alternative, Grunge, R&B, Blues....here's a drum cover I made last summer. Hope you enjoy.

    https://youtu.be/dVL5_R0gG2c
    That's quite a talent right there ... I'm obsessed with music but can't play any instruments or read music .. I can remember more or less every note once I've heard a song though .. wether it be a Metallica track or a 45 minute Brahms symphony..

    Oddly I've always been kinda drawn to the drummers when I'm watching a band play live .


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk




  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

    Maru (02-06-2019),Shayne (02-06-2019)

  3. #42
    Anti-Thread Necro Patrol
    Join Date
    05-10-2007
    Location
    Columbus, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    4,081
    Thanks
    286
    Thanked 1,146 Times in 683 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images: 51
    I somehow missed this thread till now.

    I kinda thought Zincubus would have been an Incubus fan. Oh well.

    My favorite music is heavy metal. Metallica, Megadeth, and Pantera are my favorite metal bands. My guilty pleasure is Babymetal though.

    I do like bits from other genres though. Love me some old school rap. Run DMC, Sir Mixalot, MC Hammer. Some new stuff I like. I like NF.

    Country is my least favorite. I do like Chris Stapleton and Zac Brown Band. Greatly dislike "Pop Country."
    - Mason

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to MasonC2K For This Useful Post:

    Shayne (02-06-2019)

  5. #43
    BPnet Lifer Zincubus's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-22-2011
    Posts
    5,231
    Thanks
    2,030
    Thanked 3,155 Times in 2,025 Posts

    Re: Music

    Quote Originally Posted by MasonC2K View Post
    I somehow missed this thread till now.

    I kinda thought Zincubus would have been an Incubus fan. Oh well.

    My favorite music is heavy metal. Metallica, Megadeth, and Pantera are my favorite metal bands. My guilty pleasure is Babymetal though.

    I do like bits from other genres though. Love me some old school rap. Run DMC, Sir Mixalot, MC Hammer. Some new stuff I like. I like NF.

    Country is my least favorite. I do like Chris Stapleton and Zac Brown Band. Greatly dislike "Pop Country."
    Incubus are one of my 'obsessions' ... I went to see them live a few months ago oddly enough . My username started as a Call of Duty tag name as Incubus was always taken by someone and I like being 'different' ..


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk




  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

    Shayne (02-06-2019)

  7. #44
    Registered User Maru's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-2019
    Location
    Buffalo Ny
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    130
    Thanked 47 Times in 16 Posts
    Images: 4

    Re: Music

    Quote Originally Posted by Shayne View Post
    Listen to mostly 90's Alternative, Grunge, R&B, Blues....here's a drum cover I made last summer. Hope you enjoy.

    https://youtu.be/dVL5_R0gG2c
    Very nice!!

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Maru For This Useful Post:

    Shayne (02-06-2019)

  9. #45
    Registered User Shayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-06-2018
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    389
    Thanks
    558
    Thanked 299 Times in 187 Posts

    Re: Music

    Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    That's quite a talent right there ... I'm obsessed with music but can't play any instruments or read music .. I can remember more or less every note once I've heard a song though .. wether it be a Metallica track or a 45 minute Brahms symphony..

    Oddly I've always been kinda drawn to the drummers when I'm watching a band play live .


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks!

    Now, if you can actually memorize music after listening just once, that's something to be proud of. It takes me at least twice to memorize the drums.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maru View Post
    Very nice!!
    Thank ya much!

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Shayne For This Useful Post:

    Maru (02-07-2019)

  11. #46
    BPnet Lifer Zincubus's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-22-2011
    Posts
    5,231
    Thanks
    2,030
    Thanked 3,155 Times in 2,025 Posts

    Music

    The music memory comes with Aspergers I guess ..

    There are some ups but many downs , sadly


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Zincubus; 02-06-2019 at 05:19 PM.




  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

    Shayne (02-06-2019)

  13. #47
    Registered User Shayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-06-2018
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    389
    Thanks
    558
    Thanked 299 Times in 187 Posts

    Re: Music

    Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    The music memory comes with Aspergers I guess ..

    There are some ups but many downs , sadly


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ahh yes, makes sense now. How's your visual (photographic) memory?

  14. #48
    BPnet Lifer Zincubus's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-22-2011
    Posts
    5,231
    Thanks
    2,030
    Thanked 3,155 Times in 2,025 Posts

    Music

    Quote Originally Posted by Shayne View Post
    Ahh yes, makes sense now. How's your visual (photographic) memory?
    Sadly it's at the opposite scale ..
    Our family did a few online memory tests years ago when the kids were teenagers .... my visual short term /long term memory was about 12% yet the wife and daughter were in the low 90's . My sons score was 98% !!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Zincubus; 02-07-2019 at 06:07 AM.




  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

    Shayne (02-07-2019)

  16. #49
    Registered User Shayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-06-2018
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    389
    Thanks
    558
    Thanked 299 Times in 187 Posts

    Re: Music

    Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Sadly it's at the opposite scale ..
    Our family did a few online memory tests years ago when the kids were teenagers .... my visual short term /long term memory was about 12% yet the wife and daughter were in the low 90's . My sons score was 98% !!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Holy crap!! 98% is nothing short of phenomenal!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  17. #50
    Registered User SilentHill's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-06-2019
    Location
    Adams Co, PA
    Posts
    158
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 156 Times in 76 Posts
    Images: 3

    Re: Music

    i listen to almost everything but i am partial to anything with female vocals. lots of riot grrl and punk. have always loved manson, too.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1